Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some larger better pictures of the achtune sovereign meter

keppy

Some pictures front & back.......any one have any idea about this meter?.

Looks like a multimeter converted to work as target id meter. A German one at that.

Warning
open the gerates connecting cables disconnecting in securing switch only 02a 250v nimble use!
? ?

looks like english under the mounting bracket

OldBeechnut........So you can tranlate the German i still don't know what it means........ surfman so you think it is a German multimeter...Myself i have no idea.......... I will tear it apart next week and tell what the english says.........I am not near it this week It is with someone I will get that back bracket off and see what it says....

Achtung means Attention if that helps, its not the make

It's a German digital multimeter that is modified to display the target ID. Achtung! means 'attention'. It is a warning . You see warnings like this on the back of nearly all multimeters, as pertains to operating limits and dangerous voltages inside.

There is nothing special about the meter. There have been a lot of people who have scaled small digital meters to display target ID.
You would not even have to scale the meter, but the voltage readout would be some pretty strange looking numbers if you didn't.

The ID voltage that a Sov sends to the meter is just a bit short of 1.8VDC for the maximum non ferrous values like the highest reading coins. I don't remember what the maximum negative VDC value is for ferrous (iron).

HH

Geraetes means radio ( electronic unit in this case)

Looks like the same thing that Ron posted about here, just a little different model of meter:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1398171

I think I might actually give this a try. Couple of microphone connectors from Rat Shack, a cheap multi-meter, a foot or so of six strand wire, some minor soldering and black tape, and you're in business!

It would probably make a great 180 meter. The Avengers and early Sunrays are going over $100.00 when you can find one.The Blackburn Night Hawk and Avenger was great but in bright sunlight the meter numbers would fade away and you would have to search in the shade to recover your screen.Good Luck

Ron from Michigan said:
It may need a battery to power up?
I will have to check that but it hooks up to the detector like all Minelab Sovereigns hook up............

If this was made out of a Multi meter chances are you will a battery inside of it and this could be why you have that toggle switch on it I see in the picture. The Minelab meters and the Sun Rays don't have a switch because it feed off the control box battery, but the others that use a multi meter has to have some power of some kind to work and the multi meter I have and use for my Electronic I have to take 4 screws out of the back and split the case to replace a 9 volt battery, plus i also have a fuse also right beside the battery.