Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some New Backyard Visitors

Mason Jarr

It's a little early for most of our birds, but I put my feeders out this week anyway. These two are some of the more common feeder birds we get around here. The first is an American Goldfinch and the second one is a Common Redpoll. I'm really anxious for the Western Tanagers to come back. I usually have a few that stop off at my house for a week or so until they move on up into the mountains.

Beautiful Finch pictures. We call the second one a House Finch in this area. Notice the little bud just starting on the limb? Stunning!

I think you're right, Nancy. We have both (House Finches and Redpolls) out here. They're very hard to tell apart, but I think this is a House Finch. I wish I could catch two side-by-side, but they always seem to come at different times. Thank you!

I had a new bird this morning that I've not seen here before. A larger one that looked like some sort of thrush. As soon as I opened the sliding door, he took off.

Maybe we have both the House Finch and Redpolls that I've not noticed before. Very interesting. :thumbup: