Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some new gear arrived today including Ultimate 13' for Etrac

I ordered a new Ultimate 13" coil a couple days ago, a new tall man lower shaft and a set of earbuds from 3 different sellers. All 3 arrived today. I spent over an hour and a half air testing and running the new coil in my yard to get some first impressions. For those interested, the coil is black not white as the older ones were. I get the impression the coil had been installed on a machine without the X-1 probe at some point since the coiled section of the cord was stretched when I unboxed it. I don't know if this is for testing or what. My first impression of the coil is very good. It will beat the pro coil on depth by about an inch to inch an a half with the settings I usually run (air tests) but it seems to be a little short of the depths I could get with the 12x15 SEF. I am impressed with the weight (or lack of) of the coil. A couple things I noticed about it by laying coins in the grass and swinging over them. The ID's with the Ultimate coil seem markedly more steady and accurate than the pro coil. Even at the limit of depth it will ID a clad quarter at 12-46 or 12-47 with amazing regularity. Another thing I noticed while swinging it around the lawn in Auto was that at times my machine was running at 26 on the sensitivity. I've never seen my etrac run that high before. Twenty to twenty two was what I considered really good before.