Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some nice finds last night

CT Todd

I was driving by one of my fields on my way to detect somewhere else and bingo this site had been plowed. They have been doing no till planting for years. This spot had a colonial house on it and Gary and I have done well here multiple times in the past. So when I saw this it was a four wheel skid pull in. It was better than I hoped. First was a shoe buckle chape laying on top of the ground followed buy colonial button after button with A 1760 KGII thrown in but the FIND was the best looking
USA button I've ever seen dug. I'll be back soon to this one. HHunting thanks for looking.

That is one fine looking Continental Pewter button bro!! Its bigger than I thought, what number did it read?
Jeff

Always gets the heart racing when you come around a corner a see a site ready to hunt. Gotta love anti-lock brakes. :thumbup:

Nice button.

Rich

Update

I found this Continental Army button last night at a field where a colonial home once stood. The house has a name next to it on the 1850 map. From that my friend and hunt partner Gary was able to trace this button to the guy who wore it. The house had stayed in the family and the Revolutionary war solder who had first lived there was in the local records. His name was John and he was a second lieutenant in a company of Patriot Militia that marched from our area to Boston to meet the British in 1775 I'm leaving out the soldiers Sir name as it gives away the location. Fantastic to know who the button belonged to. You never know what you'll find. Get out there. HHunting

Congrats! Loving this post Todd. We've seen just couple of those buttons turn up.