Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Old Buttons, Small Jewelry And Silver Quarters

floodplaindetector

Finds are from a few weekend hunts over the last few weeks in small town old schools and city parks.
The silver quarters were about 6 inches deep and the Indian head was about 8 inches deep.
One old school site had a lot of low tones that I started chasing similar to nickel numbers and they turned out to be all of those old buttons.
The propeller was found at an old school site. I am not sure but I think It might be some sort of military airmen collar disc?
The buffalo nickel is a 1916 D. The small castle pin is an Army Corp Of Engineers pin. Another curious find was that old Chap-Cheek container with the big screw in it. It appears to be made of Bakelite.
A very unexpected find was that old National Distillery Whiskey bottle, complete full and still sealed. It was about 4 inches under the ground. How many of us have dug National Screw Caps.
The Equinox definitely grabs a hold of that small jewelry and is great for my junky iron laden sites. Settings are the same as my last post.

I decided to hunt with my eTrac yesterday for the first time this year. I just posted those finds on the Minelab eTrac forum. Check those finds out also if you would like.
Thanks for looking!
Dave
GroupShot.jpg
OldButtons.jpg
SmallJewelryAndArmyCorpOfEngineersPin.jpg
SmallLocket.jpg
SmallOldRing.jpg
Buffalo.jpg
NationalDistilleryFullWhiskeyBottle.jpg

Great hunt Dave, are those state seal Buttons? That whiskey should be aged by now LOL.
HH Jeff

Lol nice finds and with a bottle of whiskey!
Matk

You need to pat yourself on the back. You did a great job with those finds!!

Nice slice of Americana there...some of those buttons do look interesting...the one with 2 horses reminds me of the Pennsylvania state seal... well done...

Wow!! What a fantastic haul on the goodies!!

Finds are from a few weekend hunts over the last few weeks in small town old schools and city parks.
The silver quarters were about 6 inches deep and the Indian head was about 8 inches deep.
One old school site had a lot of low tones that I started chasing similar to nickel numbers and they turned out to be all of those old buttons.
The propeller was found at an old school site. I am not sure but I think It might be some sort of military airmen collar disc?
The buffalo nickel is a 1916 D. The small castle pin is an Army Corp Of Engineers pin. Another curious find was that old Chap-Cheek container with the big screw in it. It appears to be made of Bakelite.
A very unexpected find was that old National Distillery Whiskey bottle, complete full and still sealed. It was about 4 inches under the ground. How many of us have dug National Screw Caps.
The Equinox definitely grabs a hold of that small jewelry and is great for my junky iron laden sites. Settings are the same as my last post.

I decided to hunt with my eTrac yesterday for the first time this year. I just posted those finds on the Minelab eTrac forum. Check those finds out also if you would like.
Thanks for looking!
Dave
View attachment 2829View attachment 2830View attachment 2831View attachment 2832View attachment 2833View attachment 2834View attachment 2835
can you show a picture of the bottom of the bottle i may be able to date it thats a cool find

Thanks for looking!
Dave
View attachment 2829View attachment 2830View attachment 2831View attachment 2832View attachment 2833View attachment 2834View attachment 2835
those are some really great finds and a little bit of everything. and after all this time that whiskey must be aged just right. I don't know about the rest of you. but I would definitely pop that top and, and have a drink or two..!

How's the nox compared to the e-trac nice haul . sube
This isn't a simple answer as they both have their strengths and your asking someone who has <= 50 hours on the NOX and thousands of hours on the eTrac.
Both are very good detectors and they complement each other. I use the eTrac with the 13-14 inch coil and the stock coil on the NOX.
In my soil my treasure to trash ratio is way better with the eTrac. Also I get superior depth, better ID and the depth meter is more accurate on eTrac.
I also really like the modulation on the eTrac on very deep targets.
On the flip side with the NOX being wireless, better display, very fast, lighter and great separation is nice to hunt with.
It is very good at grabbing really small jewelry and buttons and has surprised me a few times on some of the silver next to junk I have pulled with it.
Since I most always hunt pounded public sites, I am looking to use whatever pulls old targets and both of them are really effective.

Dave

Great finds. I don't remember ever seeing a Cub Scout, Bob Cat pin being found. Brings back memories from about 55 years ago.