Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some old stuff I've found and inherited

DavefromCt

My mom's opera glasses from way back. I used to use them as a kid to look at the stars....they weren't powerful but still were special to me.

What else can I say except, "Picture perfect". What we played with as kids are priceless in today's world. Did she crochet the doily also?

Thanks. I found the coins metal detecting and my mom gave me the opera glasses. She's 90 now and in a nursing home but was just driving etc only a couple of years ago but can't remember recent things so she'd get lost. No, she didn't crochet the doily.

brought back some great memories of our youth. It was a simpler time, no Toys Are Us, no cell phones or computers. It was the best of times when we played outdoors and happiness was having a tree house fort, swimming hole down at Leon Creek, and a dog. Yes, your opera glass picture and story sure brought back some great memories. Thanks for sharing. Kelley (Texas) :)

I figured you had found the coins detecting. :thumbup: Like Kelley said, "brought back some great memories of our youth". Thanks again for sharing a piece of your history with us. Bless your mother....My mother will be 85 this year and I call her a mini power house. She's got a huge yard with a 3 bedroom house that she takes care of. They built it in 1968. Believe me, she's got more flower gardens than any other in town.:blink: