Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some people JUST are plain unbelievable

chadwick

My wife and I was hunting the other day in a park ,when I seen an old gentleman watering his lawn. He let us hunt his yard once before and we found several wheat's and some relics which we gave to him. I walk over to him and strike up a conversation and he proceeds to tell me stories of the old days. At first he didn't recall us hunting there but his story he was telling me struck a nerve. He told me about this guy an his daughter hunting his yard and finding a few things and leaving holes in his yard to where his landlord said no hunting anymore. Really is it so hard to cover your holes when someone gives you permission. Then he tells me that he brought them out cokes and snacks.Here is where I'm starting to get mad. Around 6 months ago we had our at pros up for sale to get money for our CTXs this guy calls me and was really wanting one so I said I would hold it for him until he gets his money lined out. I waited for two weeks an no answers from him I call him he said he couldn't afford it right now so just sale it if I could . He calls me back after 20 minutes and said OK I'm on the way to pick it up I said great. I offered him the at pro and an extra coil that he could pay for when he could . This guy was a respected individual in the community so I said to my wife I'm not worried about getting rolled for it.he pays for the at pro then said ill pay for the coil as soon as he can, i said no problem. He then tell us about his daughters loves to hunt with him and she has a ace 250.Told us we need to get together an hunt with them because he can get on land no one else can . O k if you haven't figured this out yet the guy that rolled me for a hundred bucks also took away my hunting spot.I asked the old guy if his detector was black an said AT pro on it then he said DO YOU KNOW HIM . It amazing small world but you still find some real winners . Just for kicks the old man said I wish I could see him again damn turkey .... it was great HE ALSO SAID THAT THE PARK HAD BEEN HUNTED BY EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER . Well guess what the ctx pulled out two rings a merc and an a old 1913 token for butter . We still are finding stuff there that others wont deal with I love it.

Heck of a story there, yes some people can really mess it up for us that do it right. I'm sorry that happened to you, I hope his shorts shrink while he's still in'em.

I watched a You tube video a month ago and wish I copied and pasted the link. This guy was hunting a park with a friend and panned over so we could see his lazy ass friend swinging with 30-40 unfilled holes! The turd making the video says with a laugh " .... never fills his holes" . Bull$hit, at that point I don't hunt with him again, I take his detector and use it as a shovel or smack him over the head with it. We, as a group have to approach those nimrods and point them in the right direction for the good of all, if they don't want to fill a hole tell em to get out of the hobby. Pain and simple!

I get complemented by homeowners on how much care I take with their lawn and "we can't even tell you were here, wow"

BTW, Chadwick, good story, hits a nerve. :beers:
Jon

DigginVt said:
I watched a You tube video a month ago and wish I copied and pasted the link. This guy was hunting a park with a friend and panned over so we could see his lazy ass friend swinging with 30-40 unfilled holes! The turd making the video says with a laugh " .... never fills his holes" . Bull$hit, at that point I don't hunt with him again, I take his detector and use it as a shovel or smack him over the head with it. We, as a group have to approach those nimrods and point them in the right direction for the good of all, if they don't want to fill a hole tell em to get out of the hobby. Pain and simple!

I get complemented by homeowners on how much care I take with their lawn and "we can't even tell you were here, wow"

BTW, Chadwick, good story, hits a nerve. :beers:
Jon

Its all over the place and its a shame both stories. Get ready there is a lot more of it coming. the Digger show and ones like it are selling detectors. All we can hope is that the newbies get to a site like this and get an education before they ruin the hobby.

Chadwick it's already close to being ruined, last year here in Louisville our parks were banned! Mainly because a bunch of jackasses watch tv and see all the good they find and no bad, they don't see the research that leads to these sites! So they think its easy, they buy a machine use it for a month or so figure out its a lot harder than it looks and put it up for sale! But in the meantime there running thru the parks digging the bike trails and get this NOT FILLING IN THERE HOLES!! This is just one example! How hard is it, I even fill my holes in the middle of the woods! There's no excuse, and it's sad because we all suffer! I had a homeowner the other day give me permission and as I'm going to the truck to get my stuff, he comes back out and says my wife said just shovels no backhoes like that ex-wrestling guy on TV! I couldn't help but laugh, but it just shows you there's alot of people even ones who don't detect that watch these shows!!

Yup .. they are selling us all out for their own personal gain. Bill Ladd from Connecticut has a show coming out this month called "Dig Fellas" I think. Can't wait to NOT watch it ..

Yesterday I was digging with a friend and a third who tagged along with the friend. I noticed he was not filling his holes and mentioned it ti him. His response was that he was keeping track of where he had been and would take care of it latter. He eventually left and when I looked he had left the holes. I called him out in a PM on another site and told him he was not welcome on any field with me. If he saw me on the field he should walk away. Today back at the same field with 2 other friends we found that this joker had even left his trash in the holes. We checked some of the holes he did cover and they all had pull tabs and beaver tails in them.

This hobby is already f'd. There is a declining inventory of old and new silver. A lot has been hammered. Now the the new jags are coming in, with no education, and tearing everything up. The md cpanies are selling as many as they can while the going is good.

Think. How many clowns have you seen leaving cap on TOP. I've seen lots.

In 5 years detecting is going to be tough with all the morons killing every public space.