Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some questions around Discrimination etc...

AZWIP

Howdy folks, have had my Deus for a while, but still ore to learn, lol. Really enjoy the machine.
I typically run the HF Elliptical Coil and 4.1

Have a few questions around Discrimination (aka Disc) and a question about the Program 6 - Deep Program. I'll start with
that one as I think it will be easier....

* If I am in the Deep Program, which I understand via one of the videos I watched, has a unique "filtering" ability
making it a wee bit special, lol. but again, If I am in that Program, and I make a few changes... then I SAVE to say, Program 12.
- Will Program 12, also have that same "special" filtering that the Deep Program had? Or do I lose that (ie, is that just something
in Program 6 that cannot be saved/transferred to an empty program)? Hope that makes sense.

Second question deals with Disc... for me anyways, Disc on this machine is different than my other machines... my other machines...
you set Disc and anything from that number and lower is not "heard". No tone. (at least I don't think my others will do that)....
Now the Deus being I guess more of a tone machine etc... say I set Disc to 10. Now, anytime (by default) I swing over 10 or less... I get
that neat LOW tone. Cool. I know that I can turn iron Volume to 0 and I will get NO tone for a 10 or less. Cool.
My confusion starts to come in when I read how some folks may want to Disc out say 1-30, using multi tones... and of course you dont
want to set Disc to 30 as you will lose depth... I get that... what I don't get is, when folks continue on to say that they set Disc (ie Tone 1) to
say 7 (and sound is 202, default sound) and then set Tone 2, to 8-30, and sound to 202 as well??? So, in effect, you are "Discing" out 0-30,
as they will both make the same 202 sound. I guess my confusion is "Could you not have set Disc to "0", sound default is 202, then Tone 2,
from 1-30, sound to 202... Is that the same thing but perhaps allowing a "little" extra depth as you technically have Disc to 0 (or even the -6.7
if u want)?

Also, when I hear the phrase "Iron Volume", is it true that that really is the setting you have disc set at? So, if I set Disc to 20. Anything 20 and
under is "treated" as Iron Volume? S if I set Iron Volume to "0". You will have NO tone for anything 20 and under?

You almost want to say that for Disc (Tone setting 1), if you set the Sound Tone (frequency) from default of 202 to "0" would be the same
as setting Iron Volume to "0", True? But you can't set Disc Sound/Tone to "0"... only goes down to around 101 I think, hence I get the
benefit of Iron Volume Setting.

So, am I out in left field, or more likely have I over complicated things. Sorry for the book. But I could never get the benefit (although
I'm sure there is one) of Setting Disc to 6 or 7 or whatever, then next tone (Tone 2) to same "sound" of 202, up to TID you want to
filter out. Its like, why not disc of 0 (or less) and Tone 1 set to 30 or whatever, same thing, more depth? Lol

Thanks folks & Happy Hunting!

AZWIP.....yes when you save "Deep" to a another slot, it will save that "special filtering". You could set the tones the way you indicate if that suits your needs, but if you want to use Iron Volume in a meaningful way, you need to set your Disc to at least 8.

Howdy, thanks for the reply and clarification about the Deep Program and the such.

Ahhhhh, I think I get it, lol.... Iron Volume applies to any Disc Setting, but if I used Disc of 7 and Tone 2, set to 3-30 with same Tone of 202, thats great, but, Iron volume is ONLY going to apply to what is in Disc (in this example, anything 7 and under).
So, in this scenario, anything 7 and below, Tone of 202 and Iron Volume value applies...., then from 8-30, still the same Tone (202), but, the Iron Volume Setting does not apply.

I'm not sure I understand why Disc needs to be at least 8 for the Iron Volume to be meaningful though (I'm probably to close to this now and overthinking it, lol)?
Were you thinking, that in my example, by setting Disc to 8, and say Iron Volume level to 2, and say Tone 2 to 9-30, with 202 Assigned... at least now I can hear the Iron Volume value and know the TID is 8 or under, then, I can hear, same tone but at a different (probably louder) volume level, and know its in the 9-30 range?

Thanks again! Appreciate it.

Howdy folks, have had my Deus for a while, but still ore to learn, lol. Really enjoy the machine.
I typically run the HF Elliptical Coil and 4.1

Have a few questions around Discrimination (aka Disc) and a question about the Program 6 - Deep Program. I'll start with
that one as I think it will be easier....

* If I am in the Deep Program, which I understand via one of the videos I watched, has a unique "filtering" ability
making it a wee bit special, lol. but again, If I am in that Program, and I make a few changes... then I SAVE to say, Program 12.
- Will Program 12, also have that same "special" filtering that the Deep Program had? Or do I lose that (ie, is that just something
in Program 6 that cannot be saved/transferred to an empty program)? Hope that makes sense.

Your new saved program will have everything that the "Base" program you worked from had.

Second question deals with Disc... for me anyways, Disc on this machine is different than my other machines... my other machines...
you set Disc and anything from that number and lower is not "heard". No tone. (at least I don't think my others will do that)....
Now the Deus being I guess more of a tone machine etc... say I set Disc to 10. Now, anytime (by default) I swing over 10 or less... I get
that neat LOW tone. Cool. I know that I can turn iron Volume to 0 and I will get NO tone for a 10 or less. Cool.
My confusion starts to come in when I read how some folks may want to Disc out say 1-30, using multi tones... and of course you dont
want to set Disc to 30 as you will lose depth... I get that... what I don't get is, when folks continue on to say that they set Disc (ie Tone 1) to
say 7 (and sound is 202, default sound) and then set Tone 2, to 8-30, and sound to 202 as well??? So, in effect, you are "Discing" out 0-30,
as they will both make the same 202 sound. I guess my confusion is "Could you not have set Disc to "0", sound default is 202, then Tone 2,
from 1-30, sound to 202... Is that the same thing but perhaps allowing a "little" extra depth as you technically have Disc to 0 (or even the -6.7
if u want)?

Your building a "tone brake" program in your description. Good way to go IMOpinion.

Also, when I hear the phrase "Iron Volume", is it true that that really is the setting you have disc set at? So, if I set Disc to 20. Anything 20 and
under is "treated" as Iron Volume? S if I set Iron Volume to "0". You will have NO tone for anything 20 and under?

You are correct about how it works. By setting the Disc to any number then the range below that number becomes the assigned iron tone and controlled by iron volume level.

You almost want to say that for Disc (Tone setting 1), if you set the Sound Tone (frequency) from default of 202 to "0" would be the same
as setting Iron Volume to "0", True? But you can't set Disc Sound/Tone to "0"... only goes down to around 101 I think, hence I get the
benefit of Iron Volume Setting. Yes, Iron is important to hear. It is a major clue to activity in the past. A reasonable setting for discrim is needed for the horseshoe to work properly. I generally say somewhere between 4-10 never over 10.

So, am I out in left field, or more likely have I over complicated things. Sorry for the book. But I could never get the benefit (although
I'm sure there is one) of Setting Disc to 6 or 7 or whatever, then next tone (Tone 2) to same "sound" of 202, up to TID you want to
filter out. Its like, why not disc of 0 (or less) and Tone 1 set to 30 or whatever, same thing, more depth? Lol

The reason to build your program with tone brakes up to lets say 25 - 30 is there just "for the most part" nothing worth digging is below the 25 in the USA. We are not on Roman sites or have tiny cut silver coins. And if your worried about the 25 number then do 20 in your location. The point is that you end with a smooth running machine that will by the fact of being smooth improve your detecting and your depth while hunting.

Thanks folks & Happy Hunting!

Try my Site CTTodd.com for a tone brake program used by hundreds of detectorists. Get out there.

AZ, for example, I might use a Disc of 8 at a cellar hole site just so I don't have to put up with all the iron noise. BUT I do like to know if iron is next to some of those iffy good signals. If I set the Iron Volume at "2" , even though I have Discriminated out the iron, I will get a quite iron tone (at whatever tone I have selected for the Disc tone). If you don't set the Disc to 8 or higher, you will get an audio response on the iron, but it will be at the same volume as any other signal. By using Iron Volume of 2, I know the iron is there but it will not be as loud if I had used no Disc what so ever.

Howdy folks, really appreciate ya'll taking the time and effort to explain this to me, it helps.... I think I got it now.

Ya'll rock! Thanks again and Happy Hunting!

how do you classify iron ?it has everything in between to full steel and stainless steel which fools the tids. and audio .steel buckles and spurs from the 1600s dont id as iron
stainless steel has ids in the 90s .iron needs to be pretty early in time