Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Recent Finds

The last few times out haven't produced a whole lot but I did get a few things. I went to a one room schoolhouse where I found the gold plated locket, I found the back first and thought it might be a button of some sort and then I found the front maybe ten feet away and they matched up. The cameo is also plated and was sort of deep. I didn't get one coin out of this place.
Yesterday I went to a site where three houses were torn down to make way for new construction. My first hit was a 1911 Canadian dime and that was the only silver coin I found, but like gibsondon I found a silver thimble and a few wheaties and other odds and ends. HH

The locket looks really good... those are great finds!

Oh, one more thing about silver thimbles. Yesterday my brother-in-law sent me a web address to an auction page that had the exact same silver thimble as the one I found for sale for $50. It wasn't perfect either but was described as "slightly out of round." I learned the thimble was made around the turn of the century by Simons & Co. The number on the thimble is the size. I got curious and did an Ebay search for silver thimbles. They were for sale on there for between $30 to $60. Not too shabby, eh? Some were worth even more. It turns out the silver thimble I found is actually worth more money than the Barber dime I found that same day. So congrats again on that silver thimble you found. Great find!

Slay in IA said:
Thanks for the info on thimbles. I've found a few over the years but none with as much design on it as yours.
Mine has a fancy design but it's all bent up if you look at it from the bottom. Yours looks like it's in pretty decent condition. I hope to find more.