Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Silver Coins From Detected Out Parks And A Visit From The Sheriff

banditicey

We Continue Going To Going To Our Parks And Some How Continue Finding Silver

This Bunch Was mainly From Two Parks And The Quarter Was Mine And The Rest Were Brian's

I Do Want To Share What Happened Today While Detecting Today In A Field

My Cell Phone Was In My Jean Pocket And Some How It Dialed 11 And The next Thing I Knew I Received A Call From 911

The Operator Wanted To Know If I Was All Right And Insisted That A Sheriff Meet Me At The Road To Confirm I Was Safe

It Seems That My Phone GPS Indicated Where I Was And She Wanted To Confirm That No One Was Holding Me Against My Will

Especially If There Was A Weapon Against Me During The Phone Call With The Operator

The Sheriff Did Come And My Other Detectorists Came Over And We All Had A Good Chat

And During Our Chat The Operator Called The Sheriff Making Sure He Was Safe!

I Wanted To Share This Story With You All For many Reasons Least Of Which Because It Is Funny But Also Because This Can Be A Serious Matter And Why The Heck Did My Cell Phone "Call" And Why Would "11" Do It?!

But From What I Understand Any Numbers Close To "911" Will Prompt A Response From 911 Operators Especially If There Is No Communications After The Call

Regards and HH

the scary part is google can track our every move :sadwalk: there is a setting to switch that off have to dig to find it though, interesting story and good to know people do care :clapping:

well done on the coins.

AJ

Great silver and another unusual adventure to add to your list of many!:clapping::please:
Mud

Eva the Sheriff is probably a detectorist and he just wanted to check out your site! :)

Well he definitely seemed interested and was telling us how he had less then two years to retire but was probably going to relocate to Florida so I saw him as a Beach MDer. He was very friendly and shared his knowledge of stuff and sites in the area that had been detected and the finds he had heard about. The funny part was we were all well aware of it since some of those finds and sites were ones we had been to and our friend that was there with us is "the Rock Star Of MDing" is the one who started the whole thing in the area (settled in 1794) and had found the American Indian Turtle Pipe found in a decayed Copper Basket dated to Jesuit times and dated 1550's with a possible value of $25,000 (no he does not intend to sell it) Other items he has found are being borrowed and displayed in a local museum, mostly pottery and some metal.

There were times when we have detected in Parks and Police cars have circled and it was an interested person. Our club has had Officers in it usually retired. And the Club has assisted the local County Sheriff and NSA with some activity but I encourage any Good Acts By any MDer Or MD Club to publicize so that we get Good Publicity Out There Instead of the nay sayers who know nothing and ruin it for us.

HH

Great post and interesting to know! Glad to hear there are caring people in your area!

most phones are designed with a "panic" feature. If you press and hold either 9 or 1 it will automatically call 911. An enhanced 911 call center can triangulate your cell phone location whether you have the onboard GPS turned on or off.

Congrats on the great finds!