Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some things to know about our recent problems with trolls and treatment of other users.

I find ANY pseudo-intellect such as the "SAGE" from the north to be repulsive. And I might add that applies to several south of our north border. When one "thinks" they are making salient observations and espouses such they tend to be babbling's of a fool.
That's my salient observation.
I find Steve to be a irritating pseudo intellectual who tries to be slick with his insults and rhetoric. Challenge him too strongly and he falls back on someone else to take his side. I left this site once because of that,but returned because of the other fine folks here and the wealth of information to be found. I scrupulously avoided any of his posts,I never responded to them. He barged in on one of mine with his usual nonsense,and I informed him that I did not like him and preferred he not respond to my posts at all as I cared nothing for his drivel. He than proceeded to tell me he could remark on my posts as he pleased. Perhaps he was right,but I never understood why you would want to deliberately antagonize someone,after being told you didn't appreciate that and wanted to be left alone. That's the kind of guy he is. I then proceeded to lay into him with a particularly rough reply and got my butt kicked for that by the duty moderator,rightfully so. It would have been nice if a slight boot had been applied to Steve also. It's still a fine site, I sometimes come by to pick up some tips. I rarely sign in and only did so now to express my opinion. My former username was Airburst 93. All ya have a nice night.

Pestilential perfectly describes the Ogre from the far North. He is one of the WIT's for sure (Dim or Half), you choose. Avoid interaction, he'll just drag you down to his level.
AND those are the GOOD points.

The best friend I have here is the ignore button! None of you here are on it or I would not be able to read your post! lol R O F L Sadly, I believe if you ignore them they can still read your post? ? ?
I do not even want them to be able to read anything I post!

As far as the one most mentioned here for years all I found disgusting about him was he was a brown noser! Nobody likes a su** a**! Constantly wanting to sack up brownie points
and usually if you ignored him he would go away! doot, doot, da doot With him feeling insecure wanting to brown nose is possibly parallel to what another stated: "[C]hallenge him too strongly and he falls back on someone else to take his side".
My dentist told me years ago if I ignored my teeth they would go away!
Finally, I found he would change my frame of mind if I just read anything he had to post; therefore, I used my
best friend.

Semper fidelis

Recently I have seen an uptick of trolling and trashing one another. There's enough of that on social media. This forum is intended as an escape to a great hobby. With that being said, if I see anymore name calling, trolling or just plain nastiness, you'll be receiving a 2 day ban. I'm sorry it's come to this, but I've grown weary of all the tickets that keep coming in. All we ask is that you all be good to one another. Does this mean that you all can't have a debate? Not at all, just keep a cool head and debate like the intelligent people we know you are.

Happy Hunting
Gatekeeper
it is worse on another popular MD forum.

It's important to maintain a positive and respectful environment in any community, including online forums. It's understandable to feel frustrated when there's an increase in trolling and negativity. The message you mentioned is a clear reminder to members to treat each other with respect and civility, and that there will be consequences for those who violate those guidelines. Encouraging healthy debates and discussions can still occur without resorting to name-calling or insults. It's important to prioritize constructive and positive interactions to create a welcoming and enjoyable community for all.

I find Steve to be a irritating pseudo intellectual who tries to be slick with his insults and rhetoric. Challenge him too strongly and he falls back on someone else to take his side. I left this site once because of that,but returned because of the other fine folks here and the wealth of information to be found. I scrupulously avoided any of his posts,I never responded to them. He barged in on one of mine with his usual nonsense,and I informed him that I did not like him and preferred he not respond to my posts at all as I cared nothing for his drivel. He than proceeded to tell me he could remark on my posts as he pleased. Perhaps he was right,but I never understood why you would want to deliberately antagonize someone,after being told you didn't appreciate that and wanted to be left alone. That's the kind of guy he is. I then proceeded to lay into him with a particularly rough reply and got my butt kicked for that by the duty moderator,rightfully so. It would have been nice if a slight boot had been applied to Steve also. It's still a fine site, I sometimes come by to pick up some tips. I rarely sign in and only did so now to express my opinion. My former username was Airburst 93. All ya have a nice night.
Totally Agree.

Canned Steve's post of fishing, canoeing, camping and nature I truly do enjoy reading.
His conflicted views of our government and how canada is so much better. With CuNN tidbits tossed in. Is really getting old. I mostly ignore him anymore. Though occasionally he sucks me in with stuff so off base I have to reply. 😵😞😠