Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some type of old container or little box? No clue?

midmodigger

I found this about a couple weeks ago here in central missouri,i was hunting in an area with history dating back to the mid 1800s... it was at least 10+ inches down in solid earth. If anyone could tell me what it could be and the approximant time frame it may have been made or used. i would truley appreciate it as it was found on property thats been in my family for many many many years... sorry about the image quality. cellphone is all i have for right now.

thanks for looking,
Midmodigger

Pewter candle holder?

Iam not really for sure. The top is broken off, and i think its missing the lid to it. If it ever came with a lid. Iam thinking it may have been some sort of jar. I dont know. I cant find anything like it on the internet.

It looks like it could be a trinket box. Ladies keep them on their dresser or nightstand to put their jewelry, rings, earrings, etc. in.