Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Water Hunt Observations

pspr

I got into the water with my CTX this morning for an hour or so. It was at a crappy fresh water beach. Mostly an inch or two of gravelly rock on top of tough Texas clay.

I don't have my wireless receiver yet so what I did was button up the phones jack and listened to the speaker. I only went out to about waist deep water.

First thing, I noticed was the coil didn't want to stay down. I had to keep my thumb on the button panel to hold it down. After about 15 minutes I guess the shaft finally filled with water and I didn't have to do that any longer. I'm not sure where the air comes out of the shaft but it seemed to take some time to fill up with water. Maybe opening the cable connection area for a moment would have sped that process up.

I did notice the rainbow effect on the screen when I put on my sunglasses. I have anti glare screen protector on the screen but that didn't block any of the rainbow. I could make out the middle of the screen but the rainbow engulfed most of the display. Tilting my head at about 45 degrees to the screen when I heard a signal seemed to help a little.

Another thing I noticed was that once the speaker gets wet it becomes almost inaudible until you get it completely dry again. I checked to make sure I couldn't turn up the volume any higher but it was maxed out already.

But the depth in the water was very good. I was seeing targets at 4 to 8 inches. I couldn't dig any of them because my cheap home made scoop wouldn't dig into the clay. I'm not sure a quality angled scoop would have gotten to most of those targets either here.

I'm disappointed that foil and various pieces of aluminum will show up at around 12 FE and almost anywhere on the CO scale up to about 43 or so. Pull tabs are all over the lower CO numbers depending upon their type and current shape and aluminum cans and tops come in at the high 30's to low 40's on CO. I guess the solution is to find some older sites that don't contain all the modern day aluminum scrap, tabs and cans.

I noticed the same thing with pieces of aluminum, coming up in the high 40's as well. Guess thats with most detectors.

OMG

I'm disappointed that foil and various pieces of aluminum will show up at around 12 FE and almost anywhere on the CO scale up to about 43 or so. Pull tabs are all over the lower CO numbers depending upon their type and current shape and aluminum cans and tops come in at the high 30's to low 40's on CO

I AGREE

Huh! That's funny I have only dug one pop top and one pull tab in 40hrs hunting!They were both altered from normal shape. I had posted that I have dug alot less trash thus far, and was concearned about that as I might be missing good targets?I have dug lots of odd shaped can slaw of both copper and aluminum!