Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Someone used my new Excalibur II to swap my EQ600.

I've gotten a lot of gold and silver with the EQ600, but I've been a bit confused lately with someone who's going to trade Excalibur II for me. I love beach metal exploration, and sometimes I go out into the wild. EQ treats rings very hot, just like my perspective, how would an experienced beach Hunter choose Choice?

Ive always preferred a TID screen when dirt hunting. You will have 3 coils available soon as well. IMO....... you will have less repairs and 3 years of warranty on the Nox. You also have the option of NOT using multi freq..... and i dare say even a balanced Xcal gets heavy. You have the option of ....... wireless phones or better phones than those on the Xcal. The Xcal is a very slow recovery machine if not hunting in AM. For what you are doing..... or want to do the Nox seems a better choice. Ive got 2 or 3 Xcals now im trying to decide on keeping or not. For water hunting....... i still think the Xcal is a great choice..... but ive found a lot more high K gold and smaller gold than the Xcals has this year. I really dont believe i need 2 NOxs.....so the Xcal is a great back up machine.

dewcon4414 said:
Ive always preferred a TID screen when dirt hunting. You will have 3 coils available soon as well. IMO....... you will have less repairs and 3 years of warranty on the Nox. You also have the option of NOT using multi freq..... and i dare say even a balanced Xcal gets heavy. You have the option of ....... wireless phones or better phones than those on the Xcal. The Xcal is a very slow recovery machine if not hunting in AM. For what you are doing..... or want to do the Nox seems a better choice. Ive got 2 or 3 Xcals now im trying to decide on keeping or not. For water hunting....... i still think the Xcal is a great choice..... but ive found a lot more high K gold and smaller gold than the Xcals has this year. I really dont believe i need 2 NOxs.....so the Xcal is a great back up machine.

I usually hunt in wet sand. Recently, typhoon "mangosteen" swept dry sand to wet sand area. The beach became thicker and the whole wet sand area was swept away without gold. I was disappointed that there were so many small pieces of aluminum pulling around and wanting to go hunting in the surfing area. I hope the beach hunters will give me some advice. Is gold displaced into the surf area? There are no other hunters on my beach.

As usual, I agree with Dew. In terms of foil, its the price of small gold sensitivity range. Now as to gold going to the surf area...

In my experience and understanding, gold objects (and rings the most) are the least likely objects to move laterally, but like to move vertically until density stops its progress. If the surrounding medium moves it will move, but the medium will lose density and the gold will seek an even lower resting place as it travels. The numerous variables of wave action and medium composition acting with the constant of gravity make even generalizations hard to predict. I'd welcome criticism on my theory formed over many thousands of hours of musing while waiting for my headphones to make my day.

pasttom said:
As usual, I agree with Dew. In terms of foil, its the price of small gold sensitivity range. Now as to gold going to the surf area...

In my experience and understanding, gold objects (and rings the most) are the least likely objects to move laterally, but like to move vertically until density stops its progress. If the surrounding medium moves it will move, but the medium will lose density and the gold will seek an even lower resting place as it travels. The numerous variables of wave action and medium composition acting with the constant of gravity make even generalizations hard to predict. I'd welcome criticism on my theory formed over many thousands of hours of musing while waiting for my headphones to make my day.
Pasttom,I agree with you. I told you about my experience. I bought an Equinox 600 in March. I went hunting on the beach. I didn't know anything at first. I digged for a steady signal. The first time in the evening I recovered a gold necklace pendant, but the necklace wasn't found, maybe too small. The second time, I digged out the gold ring. It was an old ring, badly deformed, 7.8 inches deep in the middle of the wet sand range after the ebb, not deep at all. At that time, I wondered if it had moved out of the dry sand? Because it felt like the gold ring wasn't fresh, but I couldn't conclude until a lifeguard told me that 20 years ago the beach sloped from dry sand to wet sand, and now it's a small sloping beach, with dry sand sinking and wet sand flat! The next time I went hunting on the beach, at the extreme point of wet sand after the ebb, I found the old gold ring, which made me more sure that decades of old gold had deposited in the surf or, as Pasttom said, had stopped its progress until the density stopped, and then, for the last time, went hunting on the beach, I swept through the wet sand. No gold was found in the area, but three silver rings of different sizes and positions were found. They were supposed to be new falls, not deep! In August, the beach was swept away by a super typhoon, blowing dry sand into the sea until the typhoon ended, and the workers drove a forklift to push the wet sand back into the dry sand area! I'm a little confused. Next time I come over, should I sweep up the area, dry sand area or wet sandy area?

And this time I was in a dry sandy area helping a local find a gold ring that had been lost for more than a month, recovered at 11 inches, and the ring became oval.

without knowing where the new sand came from, you have to hunt it all. It could be barren or it could have come from a layer filled with old, concentrated heavy targets.

Jason in Enid said:
without knowing where the new sand came from, you have to hunt it all. It could be barren or it could have come from a layer filled with old, concentrated heavy targets.
Excuse me, where did you start hunting?

what???

Jason in Enid said:
When you arrive at a new beach, how do you observe the beach condition, do you have any old jewelry? Where did you start? Dry sand area or wet sand area waiting for ebb tide?

JASON CHINA said:
what???
When you arrive at a new beach, how do you observe the beach condition, do you have any old jewelry? Where did you start? Dry sand area or wet sand area waiting for ebb tide?

OK, gotcha.

First thing I do is look at the wet sand. Is it loose or packed? Is it clean or mix with shells and rock? Are there any cuts? Where are the scallops? Any sandbars and wash troughs?

Generally I dont like dry sand, I've never had much luck there but I still hunt from the entries out to the water since this is a funnel zone for people. I stay in the wet or in the water and look for low points to hit.

Jason in Enid said:
what???

OK, gotcha.

First thing I do is look at the wet sand. Is it loose or packed? Is it clean or mix with shells and rock? Are there any cuts? Where are the scallops? Any sandbars and wash troughs?

Generally I dont like dry sand, I've never had much luck there but I still hunt from the entries out to the water since this is a funnel zone for people. I stay in the wet or in the water and look for low points to hit.
Me too I also like hunting wet sand, but I don't understand why scallops. Is it possible to dig a deep hole and observe the sand, and when you see the shell, it shows that the gold stays at the highest level of the shell? I don't know what I understand, right?

"scallop" as the shape of the beach, not the actual shell. The middle of each scooped section is a low point and should be checked.

Any time you dig heavy or old items, you should begin hunting in a spiral out from that spot.

Jason in Enid said:
"scallop" as the shape of the beach, not the actual shell. The middle of each scooped section is a low point and should be checked.

Any time you dig heavy or old items, you should begin hunting in a spiral out from that spot.
Benefit from this, bear in mind! Thank you very much