Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Someone's Husband Is Going To Be PO'd

Knocked on a door today and gave the lady at the door my spiel. She said, "Go ahead, my husband has a detector and he's been digging up the yard everywhere." I said my thanks and went about my business without my usual optimism since hubby probably already found all the good targets.

The house was brick, built in the 1920s and had a medium-sized yard. I started up the Deus and right off the bat I'm getting unusable EMI in 12K, which is odd for this area. Usually 12K is stable and 4K is the problem, but today 4K was stable so I went with it. I started gridding the yard and on my first few swings I hit a lincoln cent, VDI 73-74 at 3-4 inches. A few swings later the Deus read 77; clad dime at 3 inches. I actually saw patched holes where hubby, who was currently at work, had been digging recently--so the wife meant he'd been out hunting the yard VERY recently. He'd missed or skipped a penny and a dime so far, so my outlook improved.

After recovering 8-10 more pennies and dimes, I started to think hubby was a pro; he'd pulled all the quality and left behind the clad. I continued to see his patched holes here and there. But on my third pass in the front yard I hit a solid 89-90 from all angles--normally I'd be excited at the possibilities, but I was skeptical so I flipped over to 12K to see if the EMI would allow me to get a reading...sure enough, the signal changed to 93-94 which was an excellent sign. But still not convinced, I halfheartedly knelt down to cut the plug, all the while thinking, it's probably junk and hubby knew it--that sly so and so! As soon as I saw the shine of the '42 walking half at 4 inches, my whole outlook changed. I no longer worried that hubby was a pro and that he'd shrewdly emptied the yard of all the keepers; it was time to slow down and listen harder. After about 30 minutes of digging more clad, I was hungry and disappointed that I hadn't outfoxed the hubby again. Time to eat.

After lunch I started searching the strips between the street and the sidewalk. Within minutes I had another outstanding half dollar signal and unlike before, I was very optimistic. It was "coin" sounding and the signal didn't change at different angles; 88-91 this time. 12K proved it wasn't trash so I got busy digging--found the signal with my probe and dug another inch to reach it. I was looking for the gleam of silver in the fresh, loose dirt, but it wasn't showing, so I pulled out a fist full of probe dirt and there I found a large, dark disc about the size of a large cent. I was thinking no way this could be a large cent; not in THIS yard...I brushed a little dirt off...I was right, it was a 1950-something Centavos coin...bummer. Disappointed but not dismayed I continued the search. I was still hopeful because hubby passed up so many digable signals. It wasn't 5 minutes later I dug the first rosie, reading 81 (still in 4K) at 4 inches. A short while later came the merc, also at 4 inches reading 77. With not much ground left to cover I was thinking that's probably it--but a few minutes later I found the last silver of the day, reading 81 again; a rosie, on edge at 5 inches. I swept out the rest of the yard with no more keepers. It was time to pack it in since heavy rains were coming soon. Now whether or not the hubby will be PO'd remains to be seen, but if I was working my yard and my wife let some stranger hunt it, I might be a little ticked :)

Here's today's results; HH everyone!

:rofl::lmfao: Oh Man! Thats great! You probably should have tossed a handful of rotten zincs out in the yard as you were leaving just to give him something to hunt! And made her fix you lunch too! Shaking my head here! That poor guy! Better not ever go back there! Outstanding finds and really hilarious pirating job! :clapping:
Mud

lol that was funny. Smoked silver right out from underneath the homeowners coil :rofl:

:rofl: Still laughing from Mud's idea of the "roll of zincolns toss" as your calling card - I've done this very same thing to my uncle in the early 1990s and he wasn't happy at all! I thought he was kidding at first but he knew I was the ONLY person who could have done it!

Beep those are some truly fantastic coins! I wonder if he'll let you come back for another hunt! LOL

Way to show him what a deus can do in the right hands

Hubby is probably going to wonder why there are no more signals to dig in the rest of his yard. I can hear him now... "Hey... where did all these recent plugs come from... I don't remember digging in this part of my yard." :huh:

Nice going Beep. Some real nice keepers! Thanks for story and pics. ---Clad

Good job sniffing those out. Lucky you weren't there when the husband came home.:lol: Sure, I would have been mad at my wife but I would have taken it out on the guy swinging the coil in my yard :stretcher:

WTG ! :beers: