Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something cool i found the other day!

Jeff in Pa

I found this a few days ago at a neighbors house I never hunted. There are 4 things here. A 2 Franc from 38, a 14 British penny and a dandy button but look at that star shaped object. I never seen one of these. Go to GAR.ORG to learn. Its a Grand Army of the Republic commemorative medal. Pretty cool, look at the detail. The organization dissolved in 1956.

Attachments

• IMG_1589509380752.JPEG
    IMG_1589509380752.JPEG
    812 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1589509380151.JPEG
    IMG_1589509380151.JPEG
    808.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1589509381302.JPEG
    IMG_1589509381302.JPEG
    801.9 KB · Views: 136
Well Done Jeff on the GAR medal. Don't you know that this meant something to the veteran who proudly owned and wore this? Now it means something to you. This is a beautiful piece of History. Oh, the stories this medal could tell if it could speak for the old veteran who owned this. Great Save.

Well Done Jeff on the GAR medal. Don't you know that this meant something to the veteran who proudly owned and wore this? Now it means something to you. This is a beautiful piece of History. Oh, the stories this medal could tell if it could speak for the old veteran who owned this. Great Save.
The neighbors house I found it at, he's long gone. He was very quiet and kept to himself so I never bothered to ask him if I could hunt there. Now I wish I would have. I could have given this back to him. The property was sold to a new owner who is flipping it. The old man had one son but I will never see him again and I didn't know his name.
I never knew of the GAR organization. It's pretty interesting to read about. I downloaded a list of people's names, it gives a county and some tell you how they died. One guy from my area was scalped by Indians. The one from area that stood out was who of all?
Abraham Lincoln! Yes President Lincoln! That was cool to see his name listed in a little town called Shamokin that's about 15 minutes from me.
Thank you all for the great comments!