Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sometimes my E-trac acts crazy

Sometimes when I am in a trashy area the etrac starts acting odd and it is hard to describe. Basically the etrac does not stop making noises and flashes numbers constantly on the screen. I am sure you veteran detectors know the problem and how to cure this odd behavior but it is confusing for a noob like me.

i went over a underground powerline the other day and it did that,,,,

does it do it at other parks ? if not you can name that park super trash park :biggrin:

BP

no and other than changing to a smaller coil and turning the fast on I cant figure out hom to eliminate the problem. any ideas?

yep smaller coil fast on, deep on (some may disagree :biggrin:) slow sweep speed, depends on what your hunting but if its silver make a trashy park program say FE open 5 to 25 and CO open from 36-49 black the rest out and go real slow that is if you think there is silver there? it takes a real lot of patience and practice to hunt super trash park :blink: and to be in the right frame of mind helps.

BP

are you wearing steel toed boots or carrying a large shovel or large scoop. 1 time at the beach my etrac would pic up my scoop so i had to put it behind me

Are you using a large loop, and are the symptoms there whether your are moving or just standing still? A small loop is always better in heavy trash, but sometimes outside interference (electrical) can be the culprit. I ran into the same problem last week in a trashy park, and whether the loop was in motion didn't make any difference.

I Stopped, Noise Cancelled my machine and the problem was a little better, I Noise Cancelled a second time and the problem went away. It can't hurt to try. Rick IL.

It sounds like you are in an area with a large amount of EMI (Electro-magnetic interference). I have been to one park like that, but every other place has been fine.

There is one town in Oklahoma I hunt that is like that.. It was a coal mining town and the topsoil is only about 3 inches.. the rest is coil...

It does happen while I am walking or standing. One of the times I was under a lot of wires so it is probably electromagnetic. It has happened in other areas where there were no wires. I had read about the noise cancel function and hope that helps next time. thanks for all the responses.

My above statement was meant to have be "the rest is COAL... sorry for the confusion..

This has happened to me before at a park when it just stopped raining. I noise cancelled and tried everything else too. It still was very noisy. 2 weeks or so later when back to same park on a dry day the Etrac ran smooth. I assumed a faulty insulator on the power lines and a wet day made it act up. Never hurts to try everything as stated above and maybe even switch a few setting, coil etc. Make sure everything is clean and tight. Best of luck and HH, Joe.