Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sony Rubber ear buds with the etrac vs headphones

jdeiana

Very durable, comfortable, cool in hot weather, deep faint sounds tickle the brain, can better hear what is going on around you, cheap - high end pair plus 1/4 x 1/8 adapter about $50. Have Koss headphones but never used them again after going with ear buds. Gotta get the rubber ones though - they stand up to abuse and weather. May not be for everyone - but I love em.

I use them to.:thumbup: Plug them through an inline volume controller and they're perfect.
Won't bother with ear muff style headphones ever again.

Never even thought of an inline volume controller - I pretty much keep the volume at the same high level thru the etrac menu- Thanx for the idea. Could make a good set up even better.

I agree with the concept and have tried other ear buds before, but I end up damaging/breaking the lightweight cords. I climb thru lots of thick areas and have to use equipment with tough cords.

I also noticed that I have a tough time hearing signals in noisy aeas like parks in busy urban settings.

Do these ear buds solve those issues?

Maybe not - the cord is thin - if you are tearing through very tough terrain with bushes, and branches, and what not, then maybe they are not the choice if you think you may break the cord. Some people run the cord down underneath their clothing to the detector which may help that problem. For me - I can hear the sounds perfectly. Much better than without headphones, and in my opinion as good with headphones. But you can also hear the background better - so if you are the type that hunts in a very noisy area - and needs the outside world blocked out - then maybe not the choice. I guess there are pluses and minuses. whether it nets its out to a net positive vs the headphones may depend on your hunting environment, and personal preference.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I might still try them and run the wires thru the shirtsleeves like you said.

HH