Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

South Carolina Beaches

GeorgeinSC

From every bit of information I can find ALL Salt Water Beaches in South Carolina Are Closed. The three local beaches closed because of College kids having parties on the beach so I was looking at other beaches to see if I could find a beach that I could go detect and every one of them are closed.

From every bit of information I can find ALL Salt Water Beaches in South Carolina Are Closed. The three local beaches closed because of College kids having parties on the beach so I was looking at other beaches to see if I could find a beach that I could go detect and every one of them are closed.
I WONDER IF THAT WOULD INCLUDE IN THE WATER DETECTING ?

Do you think they just closed them for the kids because they weren't respecting the distancing guidelines we need to be doing these day's , ,maybe a respectable gentleman such as yourself walking the beach alone won't cause anyone no harm ,,, worth a try .

My morning paper and what I can find on line says All Beaches are Closed. Surf Cams will show a few residents on the beach but very few. Some of the island towns are putting up road blocks so that only folks living on the island, their guests and people who are going to work can gain access. Yesterday one of the islands told the Folks renting houses that they were to tell their renters to beat feet. No homes or hotels will be renting rooms until further notice. As much as I like detecting the beach I will not risk it at the present time.

Do you think they just closed them for the kids because they weren't respecting the distancing guidelines we need to be doing these day's , ,maybe a respectable gentleman such as yourself walking the beach alone won't cause anyone no harm ,,, worth a try .
They will not let me on the beach at any of the three local island beaches. Cops have road blocks set up.

Same here in Florida George, although Volusia County beaches -Ormond, Daytona, New Smyrna- are open, the closed beaches are being patrolled and access points blocked off. Jacksonville Beach consider any one on the beach to be a trespasser. Perhaps the silver lining is that finds will increase with the absence of detectors. We will just have to wait it out.

George, if you have any beaches you can check by a beach web cam. Bars and some hotels have them. Could help you out.

two of the three local beaches have surf cams However I am not allowed on the islands let alone on the beaches. Yesterday one of the islands told the Hotel and the motel to shut down Told all folks who have rental property to not rent their property. Only resident, their guests and the few people who still have jobs are allowed on the island. They have Cops with road blocks keeping people AWAY. The other two islands have beach patrols who are tilling non residents to leave the beach.

They will not let me on the beach at any of the three local island beaches. Cops have road blocks set up.
Yes sir ,, I understand , I'm building a house on the coast of NC , on an Island ,, I talked to the city offices today , and they said the beaches are locked down . I'm going back down there Friday morning ,, but I guess , It'll be mostly work ,, no play ,,,, :sadwalk:,,, I might try and sneak out at night ,,, I mean ,, what's the harm ,, nobody else is will be there for me to infect , I'm not infected ,, we're all good ,,,, right ???? Just wishful thinking . Good luck to you all .

The Attorney General of South Carolina ruled yesterday afternoon that cities, towns, municipalities do not have the legal authority to close the beaches. So At least Folly and Edisto have opened the beaches. The residents of the islands are screaming They are coming to kill us. I know one lady who lives on one of the islands and I honestly thought that she was a fairly intelligent person. Nope she is up in arms because she is going to die from this virus the tourists are going to be bringing to the island.

Well that ONLY lasted about 24 hours. the city of Folly Beach has re-enacted their prohibition against non residents etc being on their beach. In force until April 30.

Go at night lol

The Governor just announced that All beaches, boat landing etc were closed until this is over. Now I cant even go fishing.

Beaches here in VA are closed... fishing and using the beach for exercise is allowed. Not in groups though. I assume you can detect too if it's considered exercise.

The island I'm on ,, they just closed the beaches to the locals. I guess to many people were still using the beaches here. Maybe they're trying to keep outsiders from infiltrating and breaking the shutdown. I'll see what happens in a few days. I'm wanting to at least hit a pier in the inlets and carry home a fish or 2. We'll see what happens. Stay safe up there.

The island I'm on ,, they just closed the beaches to the locals. I guess to many people were still using the beaches here. Maybe they're trying to keep outsiders from infiltrating and breaking the shutdown. I'll see what happens in a few days. I'm wanting to at least hit a pier in the inlets and carry home a fish or 2. We'll see what happens. Stay safe up there.

I think the Governor has quarantined all the fish in the ocean off of South Carolina.

He also put all the fish in the lakes, streams, rivers in quarantine. No one allow on the water PERIOD. Folks refused to distance themselves so the governor is going to do it for them.

Dammit. I went by the boat ramp on the inlet a little while ago ,,, roped off. WTF. All I want to do is do a little fishing,, or detecting. And I'm really good at doing it by myself ,, because I don't like being around to many people anyway ,,, and I can't go . :mad: