Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign (Analog) Sounds Vs E-Trac (Digital) Sounds...

robby4570

OK, I don't really know how to phrase this but here goes a try...

I will be transitioning over from a Sovereign Elite when I do finally get my E-Trac. From what I've seen (heard) in the videos, listened to on the E-Trac Emulator, and experienced on my buddy's E-Trac (for about 45 minutes), I am going to have a struggle with the sounds. The Sov is so sweet and silky smooth but the E-Trac seems so clipped and rough. Is one of the other audio settings a better choice for me to learn with or should I try to forget everything I now know about the Sov sounds and start all over anew with the E-Trac when I get it?

Anyone else move from a Sovereign to the E-Trac??

Thanks Y'all!!!

The sounds are just a tone of different pitches, it will all come together after you use the detector a while. It really is an easy detector to use.

I've never used the Sovereign so I have no point of referrence there but I would learn any machine the same way---dig everything at first. The nice thing is that you have the advantage of already knowing to a certain extent the type of sites to hunt that will produce the most educational hunting.