Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign GT Battery Upgrade

lovee-1

I would like to upgrade the stock battery in my GT from 1000mAh to possibly 2400...I would like to use an extra AA battery box I have and fit the new battery inside if I can find a battery to fit.Can someone tell me if they have done this upgrade before and is a Li-Po battery the best way to go,also do I have to stay at 12 volt or can I go a bit higher in volts without frying the board or doing other damage.What battery is the best to use,prefer a battery with no memory..Any help would be great,,tired of carrying a bunch of AA's around with me...Regards.
John

I thought about going with Li-Po batteries but, after reading up on them I decided not to go with them. Look up some of the old posts on Li-Po's by "critterhunter"

I feel the same way as John,Li-Po batteries could create a problem.I went the low budget route with my alkaline pack.My alkaline pack was hollowed out to fit 10 AAA batteries and holders also installed a connector for the charger.Works good enough for my main battery pack and have another AA alkaline pack as a backup.Good Luck Ron

I have 3 battery packs for my Sov so ive not really considered it. I do however know that the R&B lith for the Explorer/Etrac is one heck of a great battery. What they did thou was used a charger that limited the output to a safe level.... but still gave you the LONG duration and actually increased the battery life. Ive talked to John (R&B) about one for the Xcals and he told me the other day he had one in the testing phase in CA. now.

Dew

I'm planning to do this AA to AAA conversion. It looks pretty basic. Would you mind posting a photo of your battery pack and what you might do differently?

Thanks,

R5

I just went Lipo on my Excalibur, I am loving it so far. I really don't see any improvement on the depth yet but more time is needed. Looks like 40 plus hours per charge, good for vacations....