Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign GT increase

Perhaps when companies buy bulk components for their detectors the most common electronics lately is digital. Perhaps it cost Minelab more to buy Analog components since it seems like a speciality item rather than commonplace digital component. Explorers , Safari's, and E-Tracs must use many of the same parts in regards to digital components. So perhaps Sovereign parts can only be shared with Excalibur parts........ Actually I am not sure what the heck I am trying to say or perhaps I can not articulating it properly. In short analog is yesterday and digital is today, and makers of electronics buy more digital than analog.

Take care
HH
Jason

larryk56 said:
As far as the economy goes ....it was in a big mess long before Obama took office.

Thanks to the lack of banking regulations that allowed the fun and games between the
banks and the crooks on wall street.

And he took a small fire and poured gasoline on it with his "stimulation package", and scared businesses away from hiring by threatening tax increases and government run health care. Anybody who has done even moderate investigation into the cause of this recession knows that it was started by bad housing loans. The housing market crashed and the rest of the economy followed it. What caused it to crash in the first place? It wasn't greedy bankers and crooks on wall street. It was Barney Frank and the Democratic party forcing bad loans down the throats of the bankers. They forced them to give house loans to people who had no business ever owning a home, or at least as nice of a home as they bought. Once the chickens started coming home to roost with defaulted loans people got real skitish, took a closer look, and ran away from real estate as fast as they could. The forced housing loans thing also created artificial prices. More people buying= Less Homes On The Market= Higher Prices.

I'd have to agree that Minelab intends to kill off the Sovereign. Look at their latest ads. It's all computer display models with no mention of the GT. I think the price increase is somebody's way of making the Sovereign sales slump so they can justify getting rid of it. Probably the left hand of the company (sales and marketing) wants the machine gone, while the right hand (engineers and techs) wants it to stay. Maybe the office people don't have the authority to kill it but they do have the ability to increase it's price, and are using that as a way to kill it.

Critterhunter said:
larryk56 said:
As far as the economy goes ....it was in a big mess long before Obama took office.

Thanks to the lack of banking regulations that allowed the fun and games between the

And he took a small fire and poured gasoline on it with his "stimulation package", and scared businesses away from hiring by threatening tax increases and government run health care. Anybody who has done even moderate investigation into the cause of this recession knows that it was started by bad housing loans. The housing market crashed and the rest of the economy followed it. What caused it to crash in the first place? It wasn't greedy bankers and crooks on wall street. It was Barney Frank and the Democratic party forcing bad loans down the throats of the bankers. They forced them to give house loans to people who had no business ever owning a home, or at least as nice of a home as they bought. Once the chickens started coming home to roost with defaulted loans people got real skitish, took a closer look, and ran away from real estate as fast as they could. The forced housing loans thing also created artificial prices. More people buying= Less Homes On The Market= Higher Prices.

Agreed Critterhunter. What people in this nation need is a refresher of the Constitution. There is NO mention of $$ or appropriation of $$ in the sections defining the duties of the executive branch. ALL $$ appropriation is left to the legislative branch. In periods of recession, we have, historically, almost always had a democratic congress. In better economic times, a Republican one. It is not soley the onus or fault of the president when the economy slumps. It is congress. Also noteworthy, look at which party was the majority for nearly EVERY major war we have had in the history of the USA: you guessed it, democratic. Is there a correlation? I will leave YOU to decide that. The opposite of Pro is con, so the opposite of progress must be congress...lol

Let's not forget that congress I think has been a democratic majority for like most of the last 40 years with the exception of the GOP taking control for a short time a little while back. Want to blame the people in charge? Look at who's been running things for most of the last 4 decades. Just like where I live. Dems have had total control of the city/county government for roughly 30 years and the city is a ghost town now.

When are people going to understand- You can't treat business like the enemy and then cry and b*tch when they leave town. They are in business for one thing and one thing only- To make money. Take away that ability and they'll either leave, lay off people, or just go out of business. I never got a job from a poor guy, so why single out rich people for more taxes in such? Since when is it your right to take things from other people? I bet most of the people in this forum drive a much nicer car than me and have more material things. Does that give me the right to force you to turn some of that over to me? Of course not.

Critterhunter said:
larryk56 said:

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

The price increase will also help to clear the pipeline of Sovereigns that are already in stock.

J

If someone is on the fence, now might be a good time to buy if you can get it before the price increase. If one gets it at the old price it seems conceivable that one could use it for a year or two, then sell it without loosing too much of the original purchase price. Of course it is hard to be certain because for all we know Minelab could discontinue the Sovereign line all together or come out with an improved version, both of which could impact used GT prices. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I have an Excalibur II and recently pulled the trigger on an E-trac, so I am good for now.

In my opinion what really hurt us was the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act which was put in place right after the Great Depression of the 1930's to prevent the banks from speculating with depositors' money. Phil Gramm, my old economics teacher and Republican senator from Texas at the time, introduced the bill to repeal that Act about 1999. It was the biggest lobying[bribery] campaign in US history, about $200 million. The Republicans pushed it through Congress and Bill Clinton signed it. Guess who would probably be our Sec of Treasury if McCain/Palin had been elected? Phil Gramm who was McCain's economics advisor. James

Something else to ponder.

The hobby is always attracting new people.

Some people will also think that a higher price
is associated with a better quality product.

Not all think that way but ...... remember
there is always a buyer.

And maybe some of the companies think....
some will .... some won't ......so what!

Next!

If the product does not move ....eventually
there will be a price reduction, special, etc...

I belong to neither party . I for one think they've both let us down. There's so much BS in the news these days. I read a lot about that liberal supreme court and the republican party is suppose to be conservative. But if you do your research you will find that 7 of those chief justices that voted to make abortion legal and support other liberal agendas were appointed by republican presidents. I'm not for the liberal morals but I also don't like tax breaks for importers of foreign made products which most republicans in congress would vote for. In my opinion the previous administration who had control of congress and the whitehouse for 8 years got us in one hell of a mess giving breaks to the rich. And the current administration has done nothing to straighten it out. "Read my lips no new taxes" well read mine I'm tired of lies. The rich move factories to other countries to take advantage of cheap labor not because of taxes. Then bring the products here to sell. One day they will be the only ones able to buy their products because no one else will have a job.

Both parties sold us out long ago.
Nafda and free trade with foreign countries is the doing of both parties.
If memory serves me right, George SR introduced wide open free trade
and Clinton signed it.
Manufacture is the backbone of any country.
George SR threw around the term "new world order" in his speeches...
Who the heck was pulling his strings....hint....same ones pulling all
of our useless politicians strings... big business and others.
25 years ago if someone told me this present time would be the way
it is, I wouldn't have believed it.
At the very least a conspiracy of stupidity.
Hurricane Katrina allowed oil companies to set oil and gas prices at
whatever they want which in turn drove up the price on everything we buy.
What did our government do to help our cause in that situation?
None of them care because all of them are set for life as far as money goes.

Don,t feel to bad guy's the Australian dollar has reached parity with the the US and we still pay

METAL DETECTOR WEB SUPER SPECIALS

DECEMBER 2010

This page contains our METAL DETECTOR WEB SUPER SPECIALS ..... while current stocks last.

These specials (to our knowledge) are the best prices in Australia.

MINELAB SOVEREIGN GT "Pro-Pack" METAL DETECTOR

We are offering the MINELAB SOVEREIGN GT Metal Detector (complete with all standard factory-supplied parts) and fitted with a 10" Coil plus the following accessories: RPG Headphones + 12 volt Alkaline Battery Pack + 12 volt Auto Charger + Hipmount Bag / Protective Control Box Cover + Minelab Finds Bag PLUS a FREE copy of our popular "Beautiful Queensland Gems" book.

Our SPECIAL PRICE is only: $1295.00 ... Including GST ... plus postage

JHM said:
I belong to neither party . I for one think they've both let us down. There's so much BS in the news these days. I read a lot about that liberal supreme court and the republican party is suppose to be conservative. But if you do your research you will find that 7 of those chief justices that voted to make abortion legal and support other liberal agendas were appointed by republican presidents. I'm not for the liberal morals but I also don't like tax breaks for importers of foreign made products which most republicans in congress would vote for. In my opinion the previous administration who had control of congress and the whitehouse for 8 years got us in one hell of a mess giving breaks to the rich. And the current administration has done nothing to straighten it out. "Read my lips no new taxes" well read mine I'm tired of lies. The rich move factories to other countries to take advantage of cheap labor not because of taxes. Then bring the products here to sell. One day they will be the only ones able to buy their products because no one else will have a job.

Well put JHM:clap:

Yea, although I lean conservative I don't like the notion of "free trade". We always get the short end of the stick when that happens. Not all Republicans are in favor of that. We need tariffs on imports to even out the lower cost of labor in other countries. Many other countries do the same thing to us. They protect their economy by putting huge tariffs on our imports to them so that their businesses can withstand the competition. I also think this was the main way the US government was funded way back in the day before income tax.

The sneaky notion I have is that many Dems go along with the free trade thing for two reasons. One, they've got a guilt complex and so want to help the "third world" out at the expense of us "rich" Americans. Second, some of them want to see our standard of living lowered. Part of that crowd are the environmentalists who will do anything they can to halt our growth. The other part of that crowd are the ones who want to see more Americans dependent on the government for food stamps, welfare, and so on. The more control they've got over you the more they can tell you how to live your life. You know the type, like those health food nuts who are constantly telling you that you shouldn't drink pop or smoke cigarettes.

I follow the simple philosophy that it's human nature to be greedy and also to want to control people. I don't care what party you are or what your ideals are, when they can force money out of you and gain control over you they are going to do it. The only way to stop that sort of thing is to go back to the initial ideals of our constitution. Limited goverment, limited control, and limited taxes. Just look at how the labor unions and taken control of city/state/federal jobs. Those people are living MUCH better than most Americans, and they are doing it on the backs of you and me. They FORCE us to pay their salary and pensions like they are kings and queens. Many of them don't even have to pay into social security, yet if I also want to put my money in a better place I'll get thrown in jail for not paying into SS. Makes no sense to me. Since when do they have more rights then the people they are supposed to be working for? I always thought civil servant meant just that.