Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spanish Trail produces OLD SILVER, RARE BUTTON and Relics :detecting:

Cal_Cobra

Follow along as I hunt the Spanish Trail and find OLD SILVER, a RARE BUTTON, interesting relics and more using the new Makro Multi Kruzer !!

https://youtu.be/dwMlBIp1MNU

HH,
Cal

Great Report Cal. I appreciate all the effort you testers put into this Hobby

I pre-order the Multi Kruzer on Jan 27th.
I had terrible back problems pop up in December...Possible life changing event-
I took a chance and ordered it anyway not knowing the future.
Had an operation on my back Feb 7th and the prognosis looks good. I feel normal now.
Hoping to continue this Hobby with this lighter unit.

Thanks Brian for posting another video with the Multi Kruzer... Glad to see you made another video... What mode were you hunting in? Seems like you have it running "hot" with all the chatter.... I'm worried if I get one that it will drive me "BONKERS":stars: Probably no way to silence some of that without losing some depth? Keep up the good work.... Think I'm going to choose it over the Equinox..

c4teeter said:
Thanks Brian for posting another video with the Multi Kruzer... Glad to see you made another video...
Brian does a very nice job on his videos, especially since he's usually hunting the types of sites I have been scouring since '69. It takes time and patience to deal with the amounts of iron and rusty sheet iron you can encounter at those types of sites. Your personal efforts can be rewarded by using a detector model and coil that is well qualified for such environments, too.

c4teeter said:
What mode were you hunting in? Seems like you have it running "hot" with all the chatter....
I also wonder about Brian's settings. I know that he seems to like operating at 19 kHz. I have all my detectors 'saved' to start up running 'hot' with high gain/Sensitivity level settings, and I reduce that only when I need to.

Most of the 'chatter' you are hearing isn't due to nearby EMI or from running with a high Gain setting. It is from working old sites that are heavily saturated with rusty tin, nails and all sorts of other debris, especially ferrous junk. You can hear all the low-conductive trash by running the Discrimination low enough to accept iron nails and most other ferrous discards.

c4teeter said:
I'm worried if I get one that it will drive me "BONKERS" :stars: Probably no way to silence some of that without losing some depth
If you want to hear nails and some iron, like I do, you can set the Discrimination low, such as at '03' where I run mine,

If the nails and iron you hear are too loud and annoying, but you want to her the presence of masking ferrous trash, you can use the Ferrous Volume adjustment and keep the Low Tone ferrous response at a much lower volume level, which I do.

If you just do not want to hear most of the ferrous debris at a site you have two options:

1.. Increase the Discrimination to '15' to reject most common iron trash.

2.. Leave the Discrimination at a lower setting, but reduce the Ferrous Volume to '0' to eliminate the low-tone Iron Audio sound.

c4teeter said:
Think I'm going to choose it over the Equinox..
Personally, I would say that is a smart move. :thumbup:

Monte

Very nice finds Brian, looks like the Multi Kruzer is getting the job done :) Glad to see you getting out and detecting. Winter decided to come back to this area, so have a few more weeks before it gets decent again.

Thanks for your insight, Monte... When I get this Multi Kruzer, I'll probably have to rely on you, CalCobra and Sven for advice from time to time... I've always kept my threshold where I could barely hear a smooth hum or ..None.. My yard has a lot of different types of buried iron and it makes my Teknetic sound about the same way unless I turn the gain way down.. I guess it gonna take some getting used to... Thanks

c4teeter said:
Thanks Brian for posting another video with the Multi Kruzer... Glad to see you made another video... What mode were you hunting in? Seems like you have it running "hot" with all the chatter.... I'm worried if I get one that it will drive me "BONKERS":stars: Probably no way to silence some of that without losing some depth? Keep up the good work.... Think I'm going to choose it over the Equinox..

I was running in the four tone search mode, with my sensitivity set to 98, disc on three, and nothing notched, so it was set in sizzle mode and when the coils not on the ground and moving it is a bit noisy. Actually while I was field testing the unit, I had asked Makro if it would be possible to implement some type of a quick mute function, as with the volume control being only accessible via the digital keypad it was not exactly convenient to turn down the volume when you set your detector down, and it was going crazy at times driving one bonkers.

Interestingly I had mentioned the possibility of that function to a few follow detectors and they all thought that would be an awesome feature to add as that drives everybody crazy on any detector when it's set with high gain, and nobody else has implemented that feature.

Perhaps Makro (hint, reminder, hint, hint) will implement that in a future downloadable firmware update :crylol:

When I'm running impact hot in Gen or deep or 4 tone and find a target I change it over to 3 tone when laying detector down most of the time for me 3 tone is quiet and only one click away