Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spare parts, for shaft cam lock mechanism---update!

Knipper

After much calling and searching, I finally found who to call to order these. First, some information... The toll free numbers for the service centers (there are two!) Do NOT work. I get a recorded message that my call cannot be completed (yes, I checked the numbers!) I finally found a number to get through and talked to a very helpful technician. The email link to contact Minelab does not work either. The link just brings up a blank search page in Google. However, they do not stock these in quantity and would only sell me three each of the upper shaft pressure pad and three each of the control housing pressure pad ( I wanted to order 12 ea!). These six items cost me $70.00! Now that is high for a small plastic/rubber part, but is way less than buying the entire upper shaft! Also, the original pressure pads have lasted at least 20 years, so no complaint from me about those. I was going to order some cam levers too, but honestly, there is no appreciable wear on the cam lock lever contact surfaces. Plus, my 'quick fix' would still work for worn pads, and could be done numerous times. I MAY be able to order more of these in a month or so, when they get a new shipment of parts. I may do so, we'll see. Anyway, they're on the way and though it was like pulling teeth for a while, I finally succeeded. If any of you techies have access to a 3D printer, and the right raw materials, I would think these parts would be a good candidate! Knipper