Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Specialty Tot Lot Coil, Who's Gonna Build it??

I do quite a bit of tot lot hunting, I would think or hope its possible to build a small 5" sniper coil that is shielded better around the edges so one could detect much closer to the metal posts and supports in the tot lots?? Is this possible? Seems liike it would be a good seller if so. As it is now I just scrape the chips out away from the posts with a foot temporarily to detect them then push them back where they were.

If you are still using the MXT, it is hard to beat the 3X18 Bigfoot coil around tot lots. They are hard to find and expensive when you do, but being 3 1/2 inches wide, I can put the nose right up against the metal poles and then quickly scan the rest of the playground in short order.

I can hunt reasonably close to the tot lot poles with my 7" round coil on my PI. I have no problems hunting the tot lots.

When I had my MXT I used the 6x10DD, which did get me right up close to the poles.

You could look for a C&G Wildcat (last I saw was $40) as its Co-Planer coil is insensitive to metal above or to the side of the loop or get an old Whites Eagle,Spectrum, XLT or Quantum and use a J.S.Eliminator coil (6") with it as it is also shielded on the top and sides when used in the all metal mode.

Larry, thanks for the info on the coil I will look into it, I saw a guy using a bigfoot coil on a white's machine in my local park a few months back, right next to a chain link fence.

The Garrett 4.5 inch Sniper coils are shielded top and sides. It looks about strait down. It a killer tot lot coil.

With the MXT you can detect closer to metal objects using Prospecting mode and crank up the SAT speed, go with a medium SAT speed setting so you don't loose to much sensitivity on smaller finds.

Use the 6"X10" elipcial DD coil, perfect combination especially in prospecting mode. Plus, you'll get smaller finds using prospecting mode.

Paul (Ca)