Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spectra V3 Software?

Ver.1.1, Ver.1.0 was too loud for some.

Just wanting to do a little interjection here. The V3 is probably going to go through a revision or two more (just guessing) and if you have 1.1 or newer, wait for bit and don't jump to get EVERY dang update. I'm still running with 1.0's and finding everything's fine or manageable. If you just feel compulsed to have the latest (or like the UPS guy) mail away!!!

Hopefully will be able to get to a "DREAM" spot this eve. and will post picks/give details if all goes well! Also have to figure out how to get pic resolution down to post a awesome find of a lost and found item. (It is somethin'!)

Thanks Mark, I haven't heard anything about the update yet.

Larry (IL) said:
Thanks Mark, I haven't heard anything about the update yet.

I specifically asked if the software would be user upgradable in the future and the response was "doubtful" If the come up with a USB connection it would not be that hard to implement. I upgrade my routers and large printers about once a year. The man also advised that if I had 1,0 or better to not worry about the upgrade, that it was mainly fine tuning and some minor bug fixes. He was not specific on what exactly was buggy. I agree with the previous post to wait awhile before changing. I am sure there will be more revisions as usage problems and testing is fed back to White's. This is a complicated software program that will be refined in the future. Every surveying instrument/GPS unit I own has been upgrade with new software several times over the years, sometimes for bugs and sometimes for improvements. I'm just happy they (White's) are able to make revisions. I"ll wait for a few more iterations before I jump.

I haven't talked to White's yet, but have been informed that the 1.3 is for the corded headphone fix.

I would call Todd at White's for further instructions. My guess is send it in for the upgrade and they will give it priority and ship it back.