Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spectra V3i reverse polarity cookout

MrRoo

So, I might or might not have made some Li battery packs and accidentally reversed polarity on the first install.
Now my sweet baby will not turn on.

Could someone possibly take a photo of D9? And a few snaps of the motherboard close up enough to see its entirety. I assume that it is a protection Diode SMD style. It is located to the right of the + terminal directly below the closest capacitor. My D9 popped it’s top and the only visible marking is an (A) or possibly a (4).? It would be incredible if one of you were able to do that for this great fool…. I mean grateful relic hunter.

Another scenario
Does anyone have a V3i motherboard for sale, or trade? Possibly a used 2nd unit laying around? It could be broken everywhere except D9 and I’d be cool with that.

Thanks mates.
MrRoo of South Carolina
IMG_0173.jpeg

Hello MrRoo.
I'm sorry to have bad news for you.
When White's was shutting down I tried to get some spare parts for my V3, BUT got the response the "main"-board and the "screen"-board have to be matched in the factory.
Only a board will not do the job.
My advice is to get in contact with Todd Marschall / centrevilleelectronicsnw.com. He's a very nice man and may be he can help.
Sry, no image from the PCB.
Oh, btw, may be Carl Moreland ( Carl-NC ) can help, too. He was engineer at White's Electronics. You may also try Carls site (and forum) Geotech1.com .
Good Luck

Hello MrRoo.
I'm sorry to have bad news for you.
When White's was shutting down I tried to get some spare parts for my V3, BUT got the response the "main"-board and the "screen"-board have to be matched in the factory.
Only a board will not do the job.
My advice is to get in contact with Todd Marschall / centrevilleelectronicsnw.com. He's a very nice man and may be he can help.
Sry, no image from the PCB.
Oh, btw, may be Carl Moreland ( Carl-NC ) can help, too. He was engineer at White's Electronics. You may also try Carls site (and forum) Geotech1.com .
Good Luck
You are a wealth of knowledge sir, and I thank you.

D9 is a 20V zener diode, MMSZ5250B. It's a poor reverse battery protection because once it blows, there is no more protection. With D9 removed, if you hook up the battery correctly and it still won't power up then something else also blew. Look closely at U1, U4, U5, U7, U24, and U30.

Thanks for sticking around and helping out troubled White's owners' souls Carl. o_O

Larry