Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SPECTRA V3I

Intella100

So I am new to the Spectra v3i.

Have one question?

White instruction video say gold is high blue freq but gold coins show up as red freq.
What am I missing here.

maybe in the alloys. i havent ever found any gold coins but it may be reading the alloys and shape of the object, you are talking about polar plot tight?

So I am new to the Spectra v3i.

Have one question?

White instruction video say gold is high blue freq but gold coins show up as red freq.
What am I missing here.
Howdy Intella 100---

Welcome to the Findmall Forums! Your question was a common one for new V3i users. Here are some test results that may shed some light on your inquiry. Also, I provided a link to an old thread that I posted that you may want to read.

$1 Gold (Types 1,2 & 3) VDI......14-16......Dominant Frequency.....22.5 KHz
$2.5 Gold (Lib & Ind) VDI......33-35......Dominant Frequency......7.5 KHz
$3 Gold VDI......35-37......Dominant Frequency......7.5 KHz
$5 Gold (Lib & Ind) VDI......49-50......Dominant Frequency......7.5 KHz
$10 Gold (Lib & Ind) VDI......54-58......Dominant Frequency......7.5 KHz
$20 Gold (Lib & St. G) VDI......74-75......Dominant Frequency......2.5 KHz
$50 Gold Buffalo VDI......87-89.....Dominant Frequency.......2.5 KHz

Also, Intella 100, the best place to ask questions about settings, etc. on your V3i would be on Findmall's White's Detector Users Forum. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Howdy Intella 100---

Welcome to the Findmall Forums! Your question was a common one for new V3i users. Here are some test results that may shed some light on your inquiry. Also, I provided a link to an old thread that I posted that you may want to read.

$1 Gold (Types 1,2 & 3) VDI......14-16......Dominant Frequency.....22.5 KHz
$2.5 Gold (Lib & Ind) VDI......33-35......Dominant Frequency......7.5 KHz
$3 Gold VDI......35-37......Dominant Frequency......7.5 KHz
$5 Gold (Lib & Ind) VDI......49-50......Dominant Frequency......7.5 KHz
$10 Gold (Lib & Ind) VDI......54-58......Dominant Frequency......7.5 KHz
$20 Gold (Lib & St. G) VDI......74-75......Dominant Frequency......2.5 KHz
$50 Gold Buffalo VDI......87-89.....Dominant Frequency.......2.5 KHz

Also, Intella 100, the best place to ask questions about settings, etc. on your V3i would be on Findmall's White's Detector Users Forum. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
Hello Blind Squirrel,
It appears as I've always felt.
Your list of dominant or best frequencies.
Are lower freqs on gold coins and rings.
I've found 12khz to work best for me.
Many of the legendary machines ran 7-15khz.
Your thoughts ?

Fisher guy here so pardon my “accent” if you will….. Ive found two mens gold bands so far. Both were nickel VDI range for me (33ish). I see BlindSquirrel notes a $2.5 gold coin is in the same VDI (not sure VDI stays constant from brand to brand?), is a $2.5 coin roughly same diameter as a nickel?
Just a random thought……

Hello Blind Squirrel,
It appears as I've always felt.
Your list of dominant or best frequencies.
Are lower freqs on gold coins and rings.
I've found 12khz to work best for me.
Many of the legendary machines ran 7-15khz.
Your thoughts ?
Howdy Odenscoils--
That makes perfect sense! I believe that your using single frequency 12 Khz gets the best of both worlds - you will hit hard on gold jewelry AND coins & relics. For the purpose of my gold coin, Frequency, VDI post, I focused on the dominant frequency for specific targets. Many of the new V users believed that ALL gold should hit on 22.5 Khz dominant and I felt the obligation to help them in this matter. The V3i can search in 3 frequencies simultaneously and when in the pinpoint mode (trigger pulled), it displays which of the 3 frequencies is the dominant one. For example: a clad quarter will VDI at 83 to 85 the same VDI as a new bottle cap and give a similar audio tone. In the pinpoint mode, however, the dominant frequency on the quarter will be 2.5 Khz (Green) while the bottle cap will be 22.5 Khz, dominant (Blue). The same principles apply to other targets and once you know the VDI's and frequencies of various targets, the time that is saved is significant, not to mention the ware and tare on the knees and back. As I recall, the White's Eagle2 and the Eagle2 Sl's ran on 6.59 Khz. I can't remember what my old Fisher 1260-X ran on. The Whit's DFX runs on 3 and 15 Khz. Here is an example of the search screen and the pinpoint screen on the V3i so you know what I'm talking about. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Attachments

• FrequencyV.jpg
    FrequencyV.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 72
Fisher guy here so pardon my “accent” if you will….. Ive found two mens gold bands so far. Both were nickel VDI range for me (33ish). I see BlindSquirrel notes a $2.5 gold coin is in the same VDI (not sure VDI stays constant from brand to brand?), is a $2.5 coin roughly same diameter as a nickel?
Just a random thought……
Howdy Ronstar--
Congratulations on the 2 men's gold bands! It's always a pleasure to see that yellow at the bottom of the hole! On the V , most nickles VDI in the 18-22 range and pinpoint with 22.5 Khz dominant. No apology needed for your "accent"! My first detector was a Fisher and one of my favorites was the 1260-X. I still have a 1280-X. The V has 190 individual VDI's that can be either accepted or rejected. Negative 95 to 0 Vdi's are in the iron range and 1 to positive 95 is the non-ferrous range. Unfortunately, pulltabs can range between (the beaver tail ones) 18-27 and the majority of them will also pinpoint with 22.5 Khz dominant. The nickle diameter is 21.2 mm while the Liberty and Indian $2.5 gold coins have a diameter of 18 mm. The older Bust, Cap,& Draped Bust $2.5 Gold coins had variations of gold to silver/copper composition as well as diameter. Although I am not a teck guy, I believe that the important factors determining VDI's and which frequency a target hits on are: Size, shape, composition and mass. Of course proximity to other metal targets will/can also have an efect. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Well that sure helps to understand a new language! Now if I could just get an interpreter for Minelab’rs….. lol