Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spring Coil Line up for the AT Max

Coin Rescue Inc

Alas- another 10 days of freezing temps here....

Preparing for spring My thoughts are to try and lighten up the AT max a bit.

I had Major Back surgery a month ago and the doctor told me limit the mount of weight I can handle.

So with spring coming you think there would be some new choices for coils coming up?

Anyone hear about new possibilities?

Thanks

Haven't heard, however, I do work in rehab, dealing with hip & knee replacements and back injuries. A couple of tips to keep your back healthy:

-Keep your lower rod short, and don't swing too far in front of you.
-When retrieving a target, use knee pads and try to keep your back at close to 90 degrees as possible. Try not to bend forward.
-Don't create too large of an arc when swinging.
-Keep your swinging arm close to your body while swinging.
-Use the lightest coil possible.....consider the weights of all coils including after market coils.
-travel lightly....don't carry too much in your equipment/coin pouch
-Empty your junk pouch periodically
-If your back starts to hurt, take a break.
-Continue with any exercises your physiotherapist may have prescribed for you
-Have fun! Don't set your expectations too high.

I did some searching on my own - Nel Coils has a line up of their coils now made only for the MAX

Link
http://nel-coils.com/index.php/en/the-news/1904-nel-coils-for-garrett-at-max

It is interesting that Nel Max coil will only work on a Max,but a Nel Pro coil will work on a Max but not as well. That is what the Nel spokesman told me.