Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stagecoach stop strongbox lock? and first Standing Liberty quarter!

nalc472

Found what I beiieve to be a strongbox lock with key boken off in lock at a old stagecoach stop from the early 1800s See my pictures f the site I found it behind the house about 30 ft to te left of the rear of the house. Also see the picuture of the lock. If anybody can tell me if it is really a strongbox lock I would appreciate it.Also Found my First Standing liberty quarter 1928 about 7 nches down at a nearby house.

There was a Fort from 1812 at the end of the property. I just got permission to hut it. Here is the discription:

was built in 1813 The fort was a square building of sixty feet front, built solid, and pierced with loop-holes for firing from. The upper story -rather the roof -projected over the wall of the main building, so as to overlook the sides. There were four block houses in a line, extending about 300 to 400 feet, in which the families of the country congregated and lived when danger of an Indian raid was feared. It was at this time the extreme frontier of the country was in that direction, and was garrisoned the greater part of the time, for three or four years, by rangers.

Cant wait to hunt a real fort

On the back it says 1 on one side of upper lock and J on other side.

Nice finds, and I like the house. Are the outer walls made of square stones or are they sun dried mud bricks?

Cleaned up lock. See in photo 3 the 1 an J on lock. No other id on lock. Any idea of age, use or manufacter.