Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Standard or Starter Pack

cginn

I am trying to decide if the standard pack is the way to go. The wireless headphone option sounds great but I wonder if I would use it that much since it has limited usefulness. I think that adding the waterproof headphones and AA adapter to the starter pack would make a more practical package for me. What does everyone think?

I gotta tell ya cginn, I am thinking exactly the same thing! Use the Killer B's connected to the detector for land hunting, and of course, use the ML waterproof headphones in the wet stuff.

I think the wireless would be nice to have at times and I don't mind having headphone cords attached to my machine, however if you purchase the starter pack and then later want the wireless module your going to pay more for it than if you go ahead and purchase it all in the standard pack.

I decided on the Standard Pack and I believe I am going to add the Waterproof Phones and the 13x17 coil as well.

BCOOP

You have a valid point BCOOP. I could always sell the wireless module if I find that I am not using it very often.

For 200 bucks you get the Alkaline battery pack, 12v charger and the Wireless module. I think the Wireless module is $250 alone isn't it?

BCOOP

bcoop said:
For 200 bucks you get the Alkaline battery pack, 12v charger and the Wireless module. I think the Wireless module is $250 alone isn't it?

BCOOP

True and the 12v charger for the Etrac is $80.00, not sure what it will cost for the CTX3030 and I heard the battery AA battery pack is 29.00. My guess is buying it later will cost you about $350 vs $200 now. I had pre ordered the Starter pack but changed it to the Standard.

bcoop and ptdigger - The charger comes with the non wireless version. That is clearly stated in the below comparison table. How could they sell a rechargeable detector (with rechargeable batteries) with no charger?

The difference is that the non wireless version does not come with an empty battery back for alkalines/rechargables. It is expensive for that empty pack, 60% or so more than what you said. The standard package comes with the car charger.

Anyway, I don't see the point in getting the wireless option (for me). I take my headphones off after every dig for a little freedom (not from the cable but from the feeling) and to hear nature. The cable never gets in the way for me. Now, when/if I water hunt I'll just use water proof headphones and NOT risk getting that wireless receiving module wet. A bit ironic to mix a fully waterproof detector with a non wireless module - danger danger. I see the point of having it if you don't take your headphones off though.

Albert

I believe they are referring to the car charger which is not supplied on the starter pack but is with the standard.

I am pondering the decision to purchase but I feel the Standard pack is the way to go, the things you get with it will cost much more later if you wish to add them.

I'm fully aware the 110v house charger comes with the Starter Pack, it comes with Both the Starter and Standard Packs.
What I was referring to is the savings by purchasing the Standard Pack now because for 200 more dollars your also getting 3 additional items.
1. 12v Charger
2. Alkaline Pack
3. Wireless Module

I frankly would not give money for a machine with a rechargeable battery and then be expected to buy a means to charge it, what sense would that make, as you said.

BCOOP

Standard Pack is my choice.

I enjoy the wireless option along with the fact I can use my choice of headphones.

Oops, missed the 12V part. I was just thinking of calling it a car charger and not 12V charger.

Clearly you get a savings compared to buying the items separately. Is the car charger really 80 bucks though? I thought they were much less expensive than that. And an empty battery case for 50? That is how much they usually cost WITH rechargeable batteries.

A good point was brought up though, how much would the car charger and the empty battery pack cost alone? If it is only 70 bucks or so less, then you might as well get the standard pack and then sell the wireless receiver if you don't need it. Thanks for the idea here. Hmmmmmm ;-)

If I make the plunge, starter pack, watterproof headphones, and 13x17 coil for me. I'm a beach hunter though.

Not sure if it's worth the cost of 2 excals though...

I went standard pack just like BCOOP I saw the cost savings up front . I am getting waterproof head phones as sson as I can cause I lake hunt all summer.

Albert------The 12V car charger for the Etrac/Explorer/Safari lists for $83---so you can just take it from there.-----Is that charger worth that cost (80 bucks) for the CTX (or $83 for the other detectors)--that's another question! :tongue:------In any case, the standard pack is the only way to go (IMO).
earthmansurfer said:
Oops, missed the 12V part. I was just thinking of calling it a car charger and not 12V charger.

Clearly you get a savings compared to buying the items separately. Is the car charger really 80 bucks though? I thought they were much less expensive than that. And an empty battery case for 50? That is how much they usually cost WITH rechargeable batteries.

A good point was brought up though, how much would the car charger and the empty battery pack cost alone? If it is only 70 bucks or so less, then you might as well get the standard pack and then sell the wireless receiver if you don't need it. Thanks for the idea here. Hmmmmmm ;-)