Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Standing Liberty / Barber / 1894 Parker "Lucky Flow" Fountain Pen Advertising Printing Plate & Others

floodplaindetector

It was a very warm weekend so I hit it hard to get rid of the winter cob webs and got a ton of exercise. All finds were found at public city parks and old schools. Machine used was Minelab eTrac. Ground was real diggable within a couple hours from home.
Coils used were the 12x10 SEF and I gave the big 18x15 SEF a go at a site where signals were almost non existent over the past few years. My stubbornness made me swing the big heavy 18x15 coil without a harness. After 2 hours the coil
was getting a little heavy so I quit with it before I wrecked my arm. I pulled a 1928 Buffalo, 1939 Jefferson, and a 1941 Nickel and a wheat penny with it. I also hit some very deep bolts and some large bent nails.
I pulled a few curious finds including that lead printing plate. It is an advertising printing plate for a 1894 "Parker" Lucky Flow fountain pen.
I also pulled a piece of lead with a hole in it. Another strange find was a very deep chunk of lead that turned out to be a lady's head. Must have been the top to an old lead statue or ornament. That target was at least a foot deep.
The Paul Bunyan "Swastika" token was another interesting find. The Paul Bunyan Center opened in 1950 so I am sure this token was made right at that time. It seems odd to me that that token still would display the good luck symbol post world war II that the Nazi's stole
in the 1920s.

Coin Finds
Dateless standing liberty, 1957 Quarter
1/2 dozen silver dimes back to 1899
Nickels back to 1918. The 1918 has a D mint mark which is a good year.
1942 silver war nickel
1897 Indian Head
Numerous wheat pennies back to 1917

Non Coin Finds
Sterling turquoise pendant
couple rings
old bullet and pistol ball
piece of lead with hole in top. Possibly on necklace and used for making extra bullets?
small padlock
Women's Wittnauer "Gold Tone" Angel watch. Probably 1950s
Semi Modern Wrestling Medal
advertising printing plate for a 1894 "Parker" Lucky Flow fountain pen
Lead women's head
Ornate gold plated clasp
Few old buttons
2 old valve stem covers
Old pocket watch part (Ruby 21 Jewels marking)
Brass merchant token
1950 Paul Bunyan Center "Swastika Back" Good Luck Token
GroupShot.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
1894ParkerLuckyCurveFountainPenPrintingPlate.jpg
BarberDime.jpg
BrassMerchantToken.jpg
JewelryAndLead.jpg
OldNickels.jpg
PaulBunyanToken.jpg
PaulBunyanTokenReverse.jpg
WomensWatch.jpg

Great assortment of finds !!!! Kinda weird stuff too ! You will look like a power weight lifter after pushing that big coil around.....at least one arm will !
Silver/jewelry/ nickels and even car parts....you got it all ! Chasing a deep bent nail/bolt , we have all done that too many times.
Thanks for the post.

Nice finds Dave the good luck tokens with the swastikas are neat ..
Mark

Wow!! 😳😳 This type of hunting would of completely rejuvenated me!

Dang! I bet that was reason for a cold one at the end of the day!!! Or a good hot cup of coffee..... I love tokens with advertising!! Of course silver is always pretty.....

That's some mighty fine park cleaning.

It was a very warm weekend so I hit it hard to get rid of the winter cob webs and got a ton of exercise. All finds were found at public city parks and old schools. Machine used was Minelab eTrac. Ground was real diggable within a couple hours from home.
Coils used were the 12x10 SEF and I gave the big 18x15 SEF a go at a site where signals were almost non existent over the past few years. My stubbornness made me swing the big heavy 18x15 coil without a harness. After 2 hours the coil
was getting a little heavy so I quit with it before I wrecked my arm. I pulled a 1928 Buffalo, 1939 Jefferson, and a 1941 Nickel and a wheat penny with it. I also hit some very deep bolts and some large bent nails.
I pulled a few curious finds including that lead printing plate. It is an advertising printing plate for a 1894 "Parker" Lucky Flow fountain pen.
I also pulled a piece of lead with a hole in it. Another strange find was a very deep chunk of lead that turned out to be a lady's head. Must have been the top to an old lead statue or ornament. That target was at least a foot deep.
The Paul Bunyan "Swastika" token was another interesting find. The Paul Bunyan Center opened in 1950 so I am sure this token was made right at that time. It seems odd to me that that token still would display the good luck symbol post world war II that the Nazi's stole
in the 1920s.

Coin Finds
Dateless standing liberty, 1957 Quarter
1/2 dozen silver dimes back to 1899
Nickels back to 1918. The 1918 has a D mint mark which is a good year.
1942 silver war nickel
1897 Indian Head
Numerous wheat pennies back to 1917

Non Coin Finds
Sterling turquoise pendant
couple rings
old bullet and pistol ball
piece of lead with hole in top. Possibly on necklace and used for making extra bullets?
small padlock
Women's Wittnauer "Gold Tone" Angel watch. Probably 1950s
Semi Modern Wrestling Medal
advertising printing plate for a 1894 "Parker" Lucky Flow fountain pen
Lead women's head
Ornate gold plated clasp
Few old buttons
2 old valve stem covers
Old pocket watch part (Ruby 21 Jewels marking)
Brass merchant token
1950 Paul Bunyan Center "Swastika Back" Good Luck Token
View attachment 13248View attachment 13249View attachment 13250View attachment 13251View attachment 13252View attachment 13253View attachment 13254View attachment 13255View attachment 13256View attachment 13257
You always seem to nail tokens along with your silver. These are cool!

Wow! What an awesome hunt.

Been a long cold snap, good to get out of hibernation LOL and your off to a good start as usual Dave!
HH Jeff