Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Starting to click

Bob38

Well, Guys and Gals after a year of digging clad aluminum shards pull tabs and the occasional silver rosy, I believe I have started to turn the corner on the Deus. In the past month, I have made some exceptional finds hunting in high iron and tweaking the settings to find what works best. However, I have a ways to go. I will not bother with posting pictures of what I have found a lineup of firsts for me (1887 Sheild nickel, 3-V nickels, 2-IHP's, Civil war era eagle button, 2- three ringers, a partial roll of melting lead for making such bullets, 5 very old decorative suspender clips, 1951 silver quarter, two Mercury dimes and large old silver ring). I totaled the average time I spent each week hunting for the past 18 months and have about 725 hours (I live in Oklahoma so the weather favors this activity). I have read hundreds of posts and I'm in the third reading of Andy Sabisch's Deus book. Watched every video I could to glean good info from to the point that I starting to believe the Calabash Digger is a movie star. I have researched locations and have several places to hunt but didn't want to run over these sights until my skill level was worthy of such an opportunity. I am unapologetic on asking for permission and have grown used to rejection even though my rejection rate is lower than I expected (hell I'm married 20 years now so rejection is easy for me).

I live for the faint whispers and take showers with my Deus.:drool:

My question is do I need to attend therapy sessions?

those 'faint whispers'. One has to pay close attention to what the Deus is telling you. You are doing very well. You have had some nice finds indeed!

The audio is superior to anything else I own and I'm trying to get to where I am proficient hunting by audio alone with full tones. Right now I keep telling myself "ASS" meaning All Sweet Signals. I think with that methodology I will capture a lot more goodies. However, I'm not there yet................but I will be.

See you at the Summit

Finally, after in my third year the detecting the Deus, I am finally beginning to click also. It took a lot re-watching Gary's videos.

Bob38 said:
I have read hundreds of posts and I'm in the third reading of Andy Sabischs' Deus book. Watched every video I could to glean good info from to the point that I'm starting to believe Calabash Digger is a movie star. I have researched locations and have several places to hunt but didn't want to run over these sights until my skill level was worthy of such an opportunity. I am unapologetic on asking for permission and have grown used to rejection even though my rejection rate is lower than I expected (hell I'm married 20 years now so rejection is easy for me).

I live for the faint whispers and take showers with my Deus.:drool:

My question is do I need to attend therapy sessions?

martygene said:
this forum is for all of us that need therapy.. welcome to the club.

:crylol: You guys crack me up. What's sad is that I don't even have a Deus (yet) and I've already read Andy's updated Deus Manual.

Detecting IS my therapy, so I think I'm good there.

Rich (Utah)

Yes, when you start to get "tuned in" to the Deus it's a wonderful thing !
Love those deep "whisping" (if there's such a word) sounds on the deeper targets !
The combination of the wireless headphones, ultra light weight and the design of the handle make the Deus a total pleasure to use !

Good Hunting !

Agreed! Have the Nox but and it’s great but the deus is the full package!

In some places where I know only the deep stuff remains, I did the very faint sounds. Can be quite rewarding.