Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Steel Wheat Penny TID

Idaho PRB

Hello everyone. I am at home, bored and sick of spreadsheets, phone calls and scheduling jobs. It's raining and I am here taking care of my sick 8 year old daughter who is still sleeping it off. I was going through some Wheat pennys last night and came across 3 of the steel 1943's. I thought I'd run them under the coil to see what I'd get for a TID #. Well, it was difficult to get the E-Trac to even like having that chunk of steel ran across it's coil. Sensitivity at Manual 5, Noise cancelled first. On edge, it gave a pretty smooth 35-36, 35-37 'ish number. Flat it was more 35-41 to 35-44. Anyway, you have to open up the Quick Mask screen all the way to the bottom to even get it to pick it up. This explains to me why you never find them as the ferrous number remains a constant 35.
Have a great day everyone.

Found one last year, but the only way I got it was that it was in a pocket spill and I pulled everything out of the hole that sounded off on my pinpointer.

If I had not done that I wouldn't have ended up with a rusty disc in my pouch.

Hope that daughter feels better
DJH

Was hunting with Kid Silver (V3i forum) yesterday and he turned up a Wheatie with two rusty disc's attached to one side. When he got home and removed them, the rusty disc facing the Copper wheatie had left a "ONE CENT" impression clearly visible on the copper wheatie.

I've recovered a lot of corroded penny sized objects over the years, but this is the first that I've even seen, or heard of, that was actually identifyable.

I have them discriminated out, along with nails and other iron / steel garbage.

Rich

The two that I have, I cherish very much. Even though they are not worth anything really. The steel penny is still a unique item to have in a coin collection.

Could be worth a shot to edit your pattern and accept those #'s with the medium cursor. I'm going to use my idea now and edit my main detecting pattern. The soil around here is very dry and with low annual rainfall, I could get lucky and get one in decent shape.

Thanks for sharing IdahoPRB :thumbup: