Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Steps to success :thumbup:

Sky1

Hey gang,
Well I made the plunge and bought a detector and ready to find buried treasure so I can kick back and retire on an island in the Caribbean.
Eh, OK maybe not but ready to get started.

I ordered a new Minelab Safari and read the manual cover to cover a couple times, got the sweeping and sweep speed down, watched countless video's on MLOTV and Utube but when I took it for a spin in my back yard there were signals everywhere! If I was to dig them all I would need a backhoe.

I would like to learn what the machine is telling me.
Should I set up a test garden or just keep using it digging all stuff until it clicks?

I would like to know from the guru's out there what steps should I take in order to learn what to dig?

The Safari is a GREAT detector !
I would say yes - build a test garden.
And what ever you do - buy a copy of Andy Sabisch's - Minelab Quatro & Safari Book - goes way beyond the factory manual - it's priceless !!!
Keep reading Andy's book over and over - asking questions & reading posts in this forum and spending as much time in the field as possible with your Safari will = great finds - period !

Also, you also might want to start posting questions in the "Safari / Quattro" section of this forum. There's a lot of experienced Safari owner's in that forum.

Good Luck !

best way to learn is to see what sound and reading the safari is giving you, then dig it up and see what it is. you cant get that from a test garden.
you will get more real signals, signals that the ground is involved in. I would start with nothing but repeatable, clearer signals and gradually add in the iffy signals.

Neil has a point about using your yard as your testing ground. You would really need to clean all metal out of an area of it anyway, if you want to set up a test bed. Never know what you might find in your backyard.