Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sticking in Pinpoint Mode...

My last few times out my V3i has been occasionally staying in pinpoint mode even after the trigger is released. Last time it happened it was only a matter of time before the trigger broke, but I am not too sure it is hardware related. I am not sure a new trigger will fix the problem but was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how it got resolved.

Funny it happened to me today for the first time lasted only a second or two.

Pulling the trigger a couple of times doesn't fix it. If it is the trigger we know it is cheap and easy.

I have had this happen and it is the internals of the trigger sticking. I have cleaned a switch and it's not that hard.

I remember this happening to me a year or two ago but nothing seemed to come from it. I did not replace the switch. Sounds like another call to White's...:shrug:

I use a graphite lube every so often and it will prolong the life of the switch.I use it on mine when I feel a bit of sticking and it works great.Put it on the switch and work the toggle back and forth a few times to work in the lube. It is used for key entries on locks.DO NOT use WD40 or any oil base for it mixes withe the bits of dirt and speeds up the abraision thus eating up the switch. Hoping for rain we got cracks in the ground 3 feet deep its so dry here in my part of Indiana. H.H. Yazoo

Hi Neil
I had this problem with my DFX twice and once with the V3i. Mary Hudson sent me replacement switches and I replaced them with no problem. The switch was hanging on the inside even when the toggle was in mid-range. It cleared up the problem.
Dave