Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still can't download/up load a program. What am I doing wrong?

unearth

Hello all-
I've downloaded the E-Trac program, but still I can't seem to get it to work right. I still get the message "windows can't open this file". What am I doing wrong?

I will try to help you out, some have helped me and I realized what I was doing wrong.this is what I came up with.first I put a copy of etrac exchange in my documents file.#2 right click on the pattern program or the download target next to the pattern program select save as target.this will allow you to save it to your document file.you can not load pattern from file to etrac exchange program without having the etrac plugged in to your computer. this is were I was getting mixed up.#3plug in the etrac to the computer #4 open etrac exchange program on your computer select I want to target,open mode from file , at that time your document file will come up and you select the pattern you want from your file at that point you can look at it in the exchange program or load it to your etrac or save it what ever you want to do.the hole key to this is the etrac has to be plugged in to your computer to use the exchange program.I hope this helps , it works that way for me. thanks Mike

You can only open these files (.ptrn .mode & .etrac) using the Xchange software. Launch the software and use the "I want to:" in either the settings or Patterns tab. See image.