Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still detecting!!

Goldstrike

I used to be a regular contribiter to the forums but since moving from California to here in Utah 3 years ago, I have only gone detecting a handful of times. I still have my trusty Minelab Safari which has paid for itself many, many times over in gold and silver. I used to live just about 1 hr from the beach and now I'm over 400 miles from it. Man, I miss my beach detecting trips! I'm still in the game though!! G.S.

I used to be a regular contribiter to the forums but since moving from California to here in Utah 3 years ago, I have only gone detecting a handful of times. I still have my trusty Minelab Safari which has paid for itself many, many times over in gold and silver. I used to live just about 1 hr from the beach and now I'm over 400 miles from it. Man, I miss my beach detecting trips! I'm still in the game though!! G.S.
Maybe you should shift gears.
Go for the gold. Decent gold up there.
Or the oll wagon trails.
Supposed to still be a good bit of loot round there.
Somewhere.
Good Luck

Or the oll wagon trails.
Somewhere.
Good Luck
Yes, your right I should shift gears! There is an old Spanish Trail that dates back to the 1600-1700s just a couple of miles away and a few ghost towns as well. I really need to buddy up with someone because it's 6000 ft elevation on the flat and fairly rugged terrain.

I live 10 mins from my local beach and thats too far lol.......i don't know how you do it.....i'd be lost without my beach detecting.Good luck with you new detecting adventures.
Lol! Thanks. In SoCal where I lived, there were 15 parks in the city and I miss those as well!! Maybe I'll move back one of these day's!!

Best of luck to you with your new hunting terrain. I use the Safari too, and look forward to taking it out on a Relic hunt here shortly. The Safari is a great detector. It has and does all I need in a detector.

It is a great detector. It's on the heavy side and there is no backlight. Other than those negatives, I love the fbs tones. They take getting used to but it'll alway's reward you with deep silver and gold!!!

Yes, your right I should shift gears! There is an old Spanish Trail that dates back to the 1600-1700s just a couple of miles away and a few ghost towns as well. I really need to buddy up with someone because it's 6000 ft elevation on the flat and fairly rugged terrain.
Yes
Finding a reliable trust worthy digging partner is never easy.
See if there's any clubs around.
If you go alone. Do take it slow and easy.
Getting acclimated to altitude is definitely an issue.
Coming back from Arizona picking up my son after retirement from the air force. And his property
We stopped in the 14ers near the American Eagle gold mine in Colorado. Around 10,000ft.
Getting out walking around didn't feel difficult.
Until we started walking up an down a few hills.
In my mid 40's then.
I didn't last long at all.
So be careful. Enjoy your new location.

Hope to read of some of your incredible hunts.
Good Luck.

Yes
Finding a reliable trust worthy digging partner is never easy.
See if there's any clubs around.
If you go alone. Do take it slow and easy.
Getting acclimated to altitude is definitely an issue.
Coming back from Arizona picking up my son after retirement from the air force. And his property
We stopped in the 14ers near the American Eagle gold mine in Colorado. Around 10,000ft.
Getting out walking around didn't feel difficult.
Until we started walking up an down a few hills.
In my mid 40's then.
I didn't last long at all.
So be careful. Enjoy your new location.

Hope to read of some of your incredible hunts.
Good Luck.
Thanks! Age catches up with all of us dose'nt it!! I will make sure I have a buddy when I go into the mountains. A satellite phone is a must and it's best to take a firearm just in case a mountain lion comes stalking you!! Hopefully going out more often as spring comes along with better weather!!

So glad bud your still using your Etrac do lots of research and then find the goodies best of luck to you bud!

Or the oll wagon trails.
Somewhere.
Good Luck
Your right!! There is the old Spanish trail very close and I need to detect as much as possible along that trail!

Your right!! There is the old Spanish trail very close and I need to detect as much as possible along that trail!
I'd try one of those old big box could machines.
Look for the loot buried deeper.
Then use your normal machine for coins.

I'd try one of those old big box could machines.
Look for the loot buried deeper.
Then use your normal machine for coins.
You would have to be in very good physical condition to hike that trail & most likely need to search that trail on horseback otherwise, I picked up a book called Following The Legends by Dale R Bascom. It is a gps guide to Utah’s lost mines and Hidden Treasures. I frequently camp some of those areas I am not joking. It is for the young and hardy.

Last edited:
Or the oll wagon trails.
Somewhere.
Good Luck
Thanks Odanscoils!! This area is really historic in many ways and it requires a different detecting approach and Spring is not too far away now so I'll start dusting off the detectors!! Good luck to you to!