Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still digging weather here - a few fertilized finds

Ytcoinshooter

Each December I check some previously productive fields to see where they are turning it over. Scouted it yesterday and there is plenty, 100's of acres of freshly turned farm field. The most productive field was not turned (hopefully in the Spring) but the one next to was so that's where I concentrated my effort. I'm hoping to end my Spanish silver drought, it's been a while but I've pulled 4 half reales and two 1 reales previously there so I keep at it. The shield nickel is toasted and the 2fer is an 1865. A couple of musket balls, one looks to be pistol size (don't think it's buck n ball) and many newer rounds. I wear a blaze orange mesh vest this time of year in the fields and woods. No flatties or coppers today and that was the most surprising. Canslaw in abundance accounted for the other nonferrous targets.
I prefer my 12x10" SEF for farm fields and I have a good one. Running hot and stable: Rx gain 10, sense was DC 76, AC 95. I still use the old terms from my DFX - XLT days. Here's the coil readings I saw the signal hit as high as 14% in one area today, nice coil. Nothing outstanding today but it was fun and a beautiful day. The pics look the same except I turned the shield nickel and two center over .

HH - Bruce

Howdy Bruce--

I think that it would be a great day for most detectorists to dig both a Shield Nickel AND a 2 Cent piece on a hunt! Really nice finds. I hope that you get a few more warm days to hunt before winter sets in. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel