Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still Waiting

goodmore

I was watching the new Garrett detector count down with great anticipation. Surely this was going to be the multi frequency release we have all been waiting for to get rid of our antique Minelab detectors. Well Minelab the ball is back in your end of the court. Make us proud with that waterproof Sovereign 2.

I think you are dreaming. If they do they would go with FBS...... it could be cheaper than the CTX, but i wouldnt bet on that either. It mayby be an Antique, but...... people would still be buying them. Why? Because they are as good as whats being offered by any company..... but like the Explorer, they competed with pricer machines they have now.

Dew

No one who can repair a machine in anything approaching a decent period of time seems to have any desire to butt heads with Minelab.

This is a waterproof Sovereign I designed a few years back except I called it the Excalibur Pro. This could easily be done.

MinelabExcaliburProFinished4_zpsojdetoo6.jpg

Don't think your going to see Sovereign II, Minelab stop producing the Sovereign series in 2013 when sales dropped to low to maintain it, highly doubt they will come out with a Sov II now.

They also dropped the 8" xcals. Right now we are lucky the Sov has a lot of coils out there that can be used with the Xcal/Sov. Unfortunately, it cant compete with the CTXs all around hunting and ability to adjust to given areas......... and processing speed. THATs something they need to work on with the Xcal.

crazyman said:
This is a waterproof Sovereign I designed a few years back except I called it the Excalibur Pro. This could easily be done.

MinelabExcaliburProFinished4_zpsojdetoo6.jpg

Where have you been! Maybe we can get all the old posters back!

Do you know of anyone with a Sovereign GT?

If so, can you provide my phone number or would you give me a call.

Thank you.
Bob
(609) 579-7006

Check your local Craigs List, freebay, and all the forums have classifieds. Bad time of the year to be looking for one...... or at least at a reasonable price.

Spent 6 months for them to check out my Sovereign Elite. Cost me 388 to replace the MoBo, 3 pots and a couple of switches, but it was worth it to me. Now if they would just come out with a waterproof version of the sovereign (not Excal) at a decent price,and using a FBS coil, I might just become a very happy camper. Just my 2 cents.