Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stirring the pot :)

Dan(NM)

From Treasure Mountain Metal Detectors

The Equinox has been received by Minelab and are being made ready to ship to dealers. We hope to know more on Friday when they make the announcement. Hopefully we will know then how many we will receive. This is what we received via email below:

From Minelab:
EQUINOX IS READY TO SHIP. MINELAB WILL PUBLISH A PRODUCT NOTICE ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2 WITH MORE DETAILS.

I'm not sure what that first sentence is suppose to mean "The Equinox has been received by Minelab" ????

mid march here we come!

bulletman said:
mid march here we come!

There are some that see the big picture, and then there are others that refuse to see the big picture. Thanx for the warning :)

That sounds like they've outsourced the production. We use that terminology when we outsource work and get it back in-house.

Minelab’s detectors are built in Malaysia by Plexus. Here’s Info from Minelab’s Home page:

“Since December 2009, the Codan Group’s manufacturing service provider, Plexus Corp, a US company, situated in Penang, Malaysia has been responsible for the majority of Minelab’s worldwide metal detector production. Minelab is proud of its association with its outsource partner in Malaysia. “

Here’s Shipment detail - some apparently shipped by sea, some by air

http://www.datamyne.com/supplier/9950761/minelab-electronics

NICE JOB RICK!

Plexus's offices are in downtown Neenah,WI.
Manufacturing is also in Neenah. I use to work there. They probably outsource some of their supply chain to Malaysia. That I don't know. But they are a printed circuit board manufacturer. Manufacture some boards that cost over 80k. Mainly to medical device sellers. Quality through and through.

Plexus owns and operates four manufacturing facilities in Malaysia.

https://www.plexus.com/en-us/about/locations

I prepaid for my Equinox on October 8 with a popular USA dealer. Prepayment
was required to get on the preorder list. The dealer is reputable as I have purchased
two other detectors there. Since payment is required of anyone ordering I am not
worried about anyone after me getting one ahead of me. If there are dealers out there
that are holding places without even a deposit good for them. I do expect that the dealer
has told Minelab they need enough units to at least cover the prepaid orders.

Does anybody with actual knowledge of the matter want to tell us what the dealers have to do to order. Do they have to pay in advance - or does the distributor (or Minelab) invoice when shipped?

I was a Minelab dealer and know with good credit the dist give you 30 days to pay them from shipping date. I think the dist also has 30 days to pay Minelab, but not 100% sure on this one.
When I was dealing with Minelab USA in Las Vegas the credit limit was $10,000 for me before all the account were sent to the dist for this area.

If it is like it was back in the late 90s and early 2000 Kellyco seem to get their order about a week before and dealers get theirs for some reason as maybe they have a direct connection with Minelab and bypasses the dist.

Rick

Rick(ND) said:
If it is like it was back in the late 90s and early 2000 Kellyco seem to get their order about a week before and dealers get theirs for some reason as maybe they have a direct connection with Minelab and bypasses the dist.
Or they are a distributor... who also happens to be a dealer. It's the same in almost any industry: manufacturers ship to distributors who then ship to dealers.

Some dealers have contracts directly with Minelab. They do not have to go through a distributor like Kco. They get units shipped directly to them.

Dean

Rick(ND) said:
I was a Minelab dealer and know with good credit the dist give you 30 days to pay them from shipping date. I think the dist also has 30 days to pay Minelab, but not 100% sure on this one.
When I was dealing with Minelab USA in Las Vegas the credit limit was $10,000 for me before all the account were sent to the dist for this area.

Rick

Thats because KellyCo IS the distributor

So a dealer who gets paid in full a couple of months before he delivers, has about three months of free cash flow. Nice work if you can get it.

No wonder Amazon and WalMart are killing all these guys. Nothing is billed until shipment. I pre-ordered the new DJI Magic Air drone from one of the NYC electronics and photo places - it won’t ship for a couple of weeks yet (at least). I got an immediate email response apologizing and explaining that it was not available yet (which was also clearly stated on their website when I ordered it) and that my card would not be charged until it shipped. It also invited me to cancel my order if I wanted to, complete with the link to click on if I did.

Not all of our dealers are so eager for our cash up-front. My (forum Sponsor) dealer asked for nothing up front, but I sent him $200 by PP - marked as “Refundable Deposit” - I thought it was only fair. He is a man of impeccable reputation and there will always be a place for folks like him who operate online and with personal involvement. Amazon etc. can’t match that.

Never heard that before and maybe something new as we had 2 dist here in the USA with the one in Vegas and the other one was out East somewhere, so maybe something changed and I was not informed when I was a dealer. If they were than that explains a lot as how they could sell the Sovereigns XS2 cheaper than us dealer could buy them for, so when the XS2a came out we got stuck with what inventory we had of the XS2 Sovereigns when the XS2a came out we didn't know anything about until the day of release.
If true this is why Kellyco always was able to get Minelabs sooner than any other dealer could and sell them to those that wanted them right away before anyone else could.

Rick