Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stock straight outta box v3i coin depths

Anyone know what the v3i will do on coins totally factory? Got a chance to buy one reasonable but I'm not a tweaker? Just curious if it would be worth trying or that way "stock "or if I'm wasting my time and money. Thank you.

farmerboy856 said:
Anyone know what the v3i will do on coins totally factory? Got a chance to buy one reasonable but I'm not a tweaker? Just curious if it would be worth trying or that way "stock "or if I'm wasting my time and money. Thank you.

I think that depends on your ground. I took off my stock coil and put on a 4X6 Shooter and I am getting 7" coins with an excellent ID. Does not cover much ground but I am missing very few coins and finding a bunch the bigger coils are missing. The big secret to the V is locking your Ground Balance before you lay it down and dig

I agree with daddyflea, it will depend upon your soil and the program chosen.

As I remember it, with the stock coil and the stock coin and jewelry program in fairly mild soil I was getting quarters around 8 inches or so. Some of the other stock programs are deeper (IMO) - deep silver and mixed mode pro come to mind. I've dug quarters that were 12 inches down in those modes (stock - with the stock coil) in my fairly mild soil.

The V3i is nearly endlessly adjustable, but it hunts very well using the stock programs (with a good ground balance). You'll be just fine if you never tweak the machine at all, or if you only make a few adjustments (sensitivity, gain, etc..).

Thanks guys i wondering if maybe the mx7 wouldn't be a better choice for me? I'm not at all in to tweaking and adjusting and if they are both fairly equally on average coin size targets to start with that would work for me. I had a v3i once and struggled to no end with it but i also want a to have fun, frustrates me i couldn't make heads or tails of it. But i have to admit the simplicity of the mx suites is appealing.anyways was also wondering on the v do they have a preset 2or3tone?

V3i is just simply way more powerful, if you spend time with it you will do well, even if you don't tweak much its still a awesome machine.

I seldom make a recommendation without being asked but have you looked at the MXT or MXT Pro?

Thank you Larry I appreciate the suggestion. I Have had both the original and the pro liked them both but I mainly want better tone options if they would make the mxt pro with 3 tones in relic or coin I wouldn't need another machine!

Howdy farmboy856--

From reading your thread, I'm guessing that the audio options are one of your major concerns. A feature that you might like about the V3i is the ability to assign whatever audio tone(s) that you prefer for each VDI or VDI range. I know that you don't like to tweek but after that one easy tweek you would have the machine that has the audio of your dreams! Just some food for thought. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel