Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stolen Pro pointer and 1350!!!!!

bigealive

Last saturday night someone decided that they needed my propointer more than I did. Busted out window of truck and stole bunch of stuff... Didn't take the 2500 (must have been too much to care away) but they did grab the 1350, propointer and my detecting bag... Worst yet insurance company claim that they won't cover them??? Like I don't pay enough to them or anything so I contacted Garrett to see if they would help me out on replacing the items and they worked out a great deal for me. I shouldn't give out the prices but they really gave me a deal... Garrett does care about all of us detectors out there and it really pays to register your garrett things with them! I beleive he checked my garrett products out by my registering them online. Thanks to Mr. :angry:Garrett and their whole crew... Back digging yesterday thanks to them. I talked with my Garrett dealer and they can't even buy it for the prices they gave me. Thanks again Garrett, Todd Hollerich

Hard luck for you on that break in.:thumbdown:
I'm sure you feel violated by that incident.:angry:
Hope fully they can catch the perpetrators and bring them to some kind of justice.
Keep an eye open when your out in the field maybe you'll see someone using it.

That was very decent of the company but I expect no less from them. They offer the best customer service I have ever dealt with. I had two minor issues with my new 2500. They sent out new parts very quickly. Free of course. One was a cosmetic issue and probably my fault.

Sorry for your trouble. Why didn't you ever post your gold coin story in your profile? At least, I never saw it.

Chris

PS Take your Garretts inside you house at night.

You are right I never did put the story about the half eagle and eagle up. Found those two coins in lockets (for a necklace, i think) together next to a boulevard sidewalk in my home town of Good Thunder, MN. They were 6-8 inches down. At the time, I was using a bounty hunter that my dad had given to me to play around with. I believe I found them in 2005. I went to the twin cities the next day(about 90 miles) and was looking to buy a White MTX but walk out with the 1350 instead. Dealer pushed for the 1350 being the same price and 1350 was alot easier to operate. But the 2 gold coins were my start and the 22 no D penny and 21 standing liberty quarter were found a month later behind the elem. school in town. I have been told I got lucky real early but I guess it all depends on if you want big money coins or if you can find a whole slew of them in a summer... I would pick finding a whole bunch of silver versus finding one rare one. I have never traded off or sold any of my coins. I probably have 264 silver coins(1897-1964), 2 gold coins(1897-1909), 43 nickels(1883-1937) and 53 indian head cents(1974-1909 w/a bunch of doubles) They are fun to look at or show them off being I have never had to buy a one. They are all free for the taking.

I have renters insurance and car insurance, talked to my insurance agent the other day, asked if they covered my detector. They said they would. I will not leave anything in my vehicle, I unload it everyday. tools etc.

I used a BH Tracker 4 before I switched to a Garrett Ace 250 and later a GTI 2500. It was really a dig it all detector and I found a lot of old deep silver coins until it broke in early 2007. In 5 years using that detector, though, I found fewer than a thousand coins and 2 gold rings. No silver rings, no junk rings.

I'm glad I was talked into a Garrett. Which detector do you use more often 1350 or 2500?

Chris

2500 all the time... 1350 is or i guess was a backup or for a tag a long friend. the 2500 has the object size close to perfect everytime where as the 1350 is off quite a bit. Would be still using 1350 if I hadn't purchase a 2500 pro pack in spring 2007. I go out with 2 friend quite a bit one has a top end fisher and the other has a 1500 dollar minelab and i get hollers from both to come over to their holes and check size and pin point the holes because they either lost it or cannot seem to find it. Usually, they are off center of the object or it is a huge piece of iron down deep. the fisher guy just ordered a 1500 so I guess the Garrett is putting them all to shame...
And as far as my insurance goes I believe my home owners will cover it but I have a 1000 dollar deductable. So it doesn't pay to turn in to them. I have full coverage on the vehicle and no deductable but they will not cover it, they said it is not part of the vehicle being that it is not bolted down. Thanks, todd

Man that sucks - I had a 2 week old detector took out of the bed of my truck when I was warming it after a cold morning hunt. Running the engine and sipping coffee - drove straight home and it was missing from the back. Saw passing folks walk back behind the truck but though they was going to their vehicle. And I was sitting right there in the cab!
Not as bad (no thief involved) was when I ran over one I thought was in the truck.
I learned my lesson - I hope.

I wish I would have ran them over instead... at least I would know where they went and then I could blame myself. I did backed over a buddie's shotgun while we were hunting one time. He camed he put it in the bed too but I don't think it grew legs and jumped out under the wheel. The worse part about it is we lived in a town of 500 people. Everybody knows everybody. We never have locked our doors to house, vehicle, etc. The worse thing that happened was kids borrowing a few beers from the coolers in the back of your truck. Not Any More!!!!

Yep, right on it Bill... Welding in the brackets as we speak.

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hope it gets resolved soon. Good luck.