Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Straight answers

mrmetaldetector

Hi Debbie;
I have a few questions as I have had from many friends or Club is a major user of Minelabs with over 30 CTX users in our club. I know this is a new product and if you do not have answers I understand.

1. Do we have a Equinox release date yet?
Initial target is prior to Christmas, however, demand has been crazy, so it will take us a bit to fulfill what has already been placed on order

2. Do we know if it will have a clock in the corner? (weird but, a true question - lol)
no

3. Can it be remotely updated via the web or usb interface?
no

4. Can the batteries be changed out by the user or is it built in?
I have been told that it will need to be sent into service, however, that could change

5. Is their a PDF manual available that we may download to help us understand more?
Manual will be available as we get closer to launch

6. Who is taking the repairs for Minelab now that Kellyco announced they are no longer doing so?
We have a new ASC, Detector Center out of PA. They are already turning machines out in about 10days, and it will continue to get better than that.

Many thanks for the answers in advance and or pointing us to someone who has the answers. Let me know if you have further questions. More info will be released shortly.

mrmetaldetector said:
Hi Debbie;
I have a few questions as I have had from many friends or Club is a major user of Minelabs with over 30 CTX users in our club. I know this is a new product and if you do not have answers I understand.

Initial target is prior to Christmas, however, demand has been crazy, so it will take us a bit to fulfill what has already been placed on order

2. Do we know if it will have a clock in the corner? (weird but, a true question - lol)
no

no

I have been told that it will need to be sent into service, however, that could change

5. Is their a PDF manual available that we may download to help us understand more?

6. Who is taking the repairs for Minelab now that Kellyco announced they are no longer doing so?
We have a new ASC, Detector Center out of PA. They are already turning machines out in about 10days, and it will continue to get better than that.

Many thanks for the answers in advance and or pointing us to someone who has the answers. Let me know if you have further questions. More info will be released shortly.

Im' confused. You asked questions but answered them too?

The only question that can be answered at this point is your last question, the new repair center is in PA. That's where my CTX was sent to last month. As far as having answers to your other question, no one but Minelab knows and they are being very tight lipped about info at this point. Everyone is chomping at the bit for info just like you.

Release date is mid-December. Was posted in the Detector Classifieds by Windy City Detectors.

No
No
No
No
Pennsylvania

Happy Halloween. :confused:

The Great Pumpkin

No the questions were answered by Minelabs Debbie S.
Jessie

This posting was in response to an email I sent to Debbie of Minelab America.
She answered all questions that were sent to her.

Minelab's Response:

Minelab's Response:
no

Minelab's Response:
no

Minelab's Response:

Minelab's Response:

Minelab's Response:
We have a new ASC, Detector Center out of PA. They are already turning machines out in about 10days, and it will continue to get better than that

OK, THATS how you should have posted in the first place. The way you posted it was confusing because it seemed you were asking questions but also answering your own questions

THE ANSWERS WERE STRAIGHT THE QUESTIONS WEREN'T LOL

Ok I understand. I will try to be more specific. That is how the email came back to me and I did not want to post Debbie's response to me too differently than she sent it.
She had the answers that I saw a few folks were asking and decided she was best to ask. I hate circling around when the questions are easy enough to get answers to.
Too many folks create long winded post with a lot of unqualified responses. I like simple and qualified answers.
Jessie

Amen on those long winded armchair engineers!

Steve-----I got a question for you!!-----Do you ever talk to your wife??:rofl:---(just teasin ya);)-----------Del
sgoss66 said:
Sorry, Carolina.

Guilty as charged. :shrug: :) I am too long-winded for many, I know that. Always have been. Just ignore me! ;)

Steve

:biggrin:Keep these posts coming my friend--gives me something to read on these long winter nights!:thumbup:
sgoss66 said:
Del,

Nope. I'm so long-winded, she tunes me out, too! ;)

Steve

In other words, to help put you to sleep?! ;)

With a new Equinox coming my way, and now a dead Explorer that needs to be replaced by SOMETHING (trying to figure out what)...I expect I will have plenty to say for awhile! ;)

(Sorry everyone!)

Steve

\"Carolina\" said:
Amen on those long winded armchair engineers!

Carolina,

You say ‘long winded armchair engineers!’ like it is a bad thing. :shrug:

Would you extrapolate please. :bouncy: I’m good with someone doing a little Monday morning long winded armchair engineering critiquing if it’s done in good taste.

Rich

I'm a hard facts kinda guy. Never did care much for fiction. Another six weeks and the truth will be known and the topic will change. I look forward to the reports on the Equinox but we will still have no idea how it works. Until then, you guys have a blast. I'm good with that. To each his own.

____[-----]____[------]_____[------]_____[-------]____[------]_____ FBS-BBS-IQ ITS UP TO YOU :bouncy: square-round-oblong-triangular who they hell cares as long as you like it and its work for you :buds: I

pay money for a pre designed and made detector and if I like it I keep it till I don't want to keep it any more and if I don't like it I don't keep it, so for me couldn't give a banana how it works as long as it works and I click with it then thunderbirds are go, if not well off to the next tester :clapping:

my point is I pay someone else to have a detector because I don't want to spend several million $ to poach all the good tech guys to make me a detector :stars:

anyway nothing around here I need to get my panties in a bunch over about when I can have the new iphone :poke:

just my take on it and just writing this is more energy than is needed for this topic, buy or not to buy that is the question..

not getting one today :biggrin:

AJ