Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Strange but true.

u2robert

I have detected a permission that dates back early 1900's
I have detected it with the Equinox 800 4 times, 2 times with the 11" stock coil, 2 times with the 6" coil.
I have found 6 wheat penny's between 4-6" in the back yard a small back yard.
I also found an assortment of clad and trash but no more wheats or anything old so I went back with the Minelab Safari
a detector that's simple and deep I found 2 more wheats at 8 ", a Rosey (1957) at 7-8" and a old pocket watch at 10-11 "?
in the very same spot I found the 6 wheats I also know the 11" EQ coil passed over these target at least 3-4 times?
Now I get the feeling my EQ isn't giving me the depth I think I'm getting.
I will go back this weekend with the CZ see what happens?
My settings with the EQ 800 in neutral soil are
multi Freq., 5 tone, GB-0, park 1, F2 iron bias 4 , recovery 5 & noise canceled

Attachments

• IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    872.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    889.3 KB · Views: 79
I'd go back with Park 1, 5 tones, Sens 25 (if possible), I/B F2-0, Recovery 2 -3, Noise Cancelled and Ground Balanced to Actual soil.

U2,
You don't mention sensitivity setting. I keep mine up at a minimum of 23 and this has made a big difference in depth. I also keep my iron bias at F2-0 and keep my recovery speed at 4. I feel for me, in my soil, this gives me the best depth and very good separation.

Earthlypotluck, you could try park 2 with 4 kHz - I like it for depth. You might dig some junk but hey after all that’s par5 of the fun
Tony

I have detected my front yard multiple times using Tesoro BAndito max 2 , Fisher CZ20 and Minelab Sovereign GT. Found lead bullets a 1945 quarter , a buffalo nickel and some clad.
Got my EQ800 last year and went over the front yard again, I found a coin spill almost right in front of the front door with coins from 30's and 40's including a silver half dollar. Other parts of the yard previously detected I found more coins including wheat pennies and old dimes.
Needless to say I am sold on the Equinox800 !!

WHen you first get a detector you will need to take the time to learn and adjust it to get the maximum depth. Start a test garden and then adjust the settings until you get the most depth and stability.

No machine gets it all but a properly set good machine won’t miss much either... I’m still learning mine over a year later..I’ve learned a lot so far.. the nox has so much adjustability that finding the optimum settings can be a challenge .. Perhaps next time the safari gives you a diggable signal you can try tinkering with the nox and see if you can get it to hit on the same target prior to digging...I have also found that slight adjustments on the nox can make a big difference in performance..

WHen you first get a detector you will need to take the time to learn and adjust it to get the maximum depth. Start a test garden and then adjust the settings until you get the most depth and stability.
[/QUO

This is only about my 20th detector in over 30 years of detecting?

Sounds like the machine is fine. If you are off just a little on any coil you can miss items.
sweep speed can also affect missing targets.
the higher the recovery rate can reduce depth.
No detector is perfect and neither is the detectorist.
just have fun.

I almost always run my sensitivity between 20-25 depending on coil and EMI.
As far as GB my soil is so neutral I leave it at 0
I do find myself swinging the EQ fast than I would the Safari, E-Trac or the CZ weight might have something to do with that?
The pin-pointing on the EQ seems off to the left of center not with the e-trac, safari and with the CZ I can use a probe to find a coin.
Well I guess that's enough whining for one day. Later