Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Strange Finds for last week.

reltolbert

I found these strange finds last week. I don't know what the square shaped ( center ) 14 kt. gold item is?
The silver half-dollar has a .22 caliber bullet embedded in it but did not go through the 1/2 dollar.

Could it be a napkin ring from a fancy picnic perhaps?

Nice half dollar by the way! 4-44 huh? I guess I should pay more attention to those numbers!

I think the half-dollar with the .22 caliber bullet rang up 4-44 is because of the combination of the two
merging together. Just a wild guess.
Napkin ring sounds good.
Wedding ring after divorce is funny.

Just want you to know how appreciative i am about you putting the find numbers nest to the items found
It is truly educational and gives one an opportunity to think and try

Congrats on a group of very COOL finds

Interesting finds reltolbert,
That half is an awesome conversation starter and that gold band is different for sure.

Thanks for post and the value marks as well.

Moose

The half dollar coin from above with the .22 caliber bullet embedded in it shows the front, back and angle views

That half is a work of art nice find

that half is super cool!!!!! 04-44 is a super signal in my book, especially if it has a little depth! I would dig those numbers all day long!

Goes4ever,

Remember, the combination of the bullet and the half dollar gave the 04-44 signal.
A normal half dollar gives me about a 06-46 to 08-46 target ID. So, the .22 bullet throws off
the normal signal slightly.

The half dollar was found in a City Park which is a forested park and used to be hunting
in this area a long time ago before it became a City Park.

I almost forgot to mention that I found the half-dollar and all the items with my 8"x6" SEF coil
which is my favorite coil for all the junk areas we have around here in North Idaho.

Seriously, don't the list of numbers indicate silver in the range of 10-46 to 12/13-48 and not 4/6/8-44?
I do realize I will dig any number with the right sound but I never thought about 4/6/8-44.

banditicey,

That's what silver target numbers should be, but those are the numbers I get with my half dollar coins.
Maybe my 8"x6" SEF coil reads different target numbers than the 11" Pro coil? I don't know?

And will depend on the soil.

Glad you see that someone else finds weird stuff like what I find.

Got some more will post tomorrow.

my silver half buried at about 5" (in my test garden) gives FE numbers around 6 to 10 as well.

That half is super cool. What a find. Just think of the guys out proving their marksman ship skills and the joy of proving they could hit a half dollar from 50 yards with an open sight .22 cal rifle. Or whatever the distance and choice of fire arm.

Jeff