Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Strange medal from early school house

Boxcarwilly

Snuck out for a birthday hunt today at a early school site. Any input on this medal?resembles a sickle like a comunism symbol?site dates as far back as 1857-early 1900s.

Sorry forgot to add pics!

Attachments

• 20211220_150627.jpg
    20211220_150627.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 212
  • 20211220_173320.jpg
    20211220_173320.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 205
  • 20211220_143138.jpg
    20211220_143138.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 211
I think the impression is a sheaf of grain and a sickle, it's possibly a grange badge or medal, they were founded in 1867 and had a pretty big impact in advocating for farmers. Some letters to look for on the badge would be 'P of H' and / or FHCF I'm not an expert on these societies by any means but it seems like each chapter (or state?) had subtle variations in the symbol. I couldn't find an exact match, you might try searching the state, or city, or county where it was found with the added keywords grange badge. Could you post what is on the reverse (pinback, flat or engraved)? Cool piece and Happy hunting.

I think the impression is a sheaf of grain and a sickle, it's possibly a grange badge or medal, they were founded in 1867 and had a pretty big impact in advocating for farmers. Some letters to look for on the badge would be 'P of H' and / or FHCF I'm not an expert on these societies by any means but it seems like each chapter (or state?) had subtle variations in the symbol. I couldn't find an exact match, you might try searching the state, or city, or county where it was found with the added keywords grange badge. Could you post what is on the reverse (pinback, flat or engraved)? Cool piece and Happy hunting.
Thanks for the help! The reverse is completely blank. I will do some light toothpicking on it now that its dried up. When i dug it i couldnt get much to pop as far as lettering but i think were on the right path now! If i get anymore info I will post it up.