Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

strange response

arizonaames

I called the factory in re: to clatter under power lines in the city and clatter when I get within 20 feet of my friends DFX. The gal told me that it is normal to get interference under power lines and that my buddy should change frequencies with his DFX. I did not know that one could change freq with a DFX. It also means that the MXT is useless in the city near the street.:sadwalk:

It also means that the MXT is useless in the city near the street.

That isn't the case. The MXT is actually very forgiving on EMI. A smaller coil helps and so does turning down the gain. Any two detectors can interfere with each other and yes the DFX can change frequencies. When two of us hunt with our V3's we have to change frequencies.

I hunt grass strips under power lines all the times in the city with no trouble. My concentic coils are also quieter than my DD coils. There are just some places that won't quiet down. My daughters yard is one such place my MXT is better there than my V3. She lives close to a fire station with a large antenna. Another place is next to a park shelter which also has a large antenna next door to it. Rob

+Thanks for the information. I rarely use the 950 concentric coil anymore. I like to be able to separate signals withthe dd coils. I talked with Todd at Whites and they will check it out come, and I hate to use the word, snow....:nopity:

Well I have posted several time before about me and my friend trying to detect together. I have the older MXT and she has a new one. They just will not hunt together at all. No one else seems to have this problem but us but it is really terrible for us. Both of our detectors pulsates constantly and we have to stay very far away from each other. It pretty much sucks as we enjoy going MDing together.

I've hunted with Nancy and I can hear her detector, but she doesn't hear mine. I keep my MXT cranked up in the + range and Nancy runs hers at lower gain. I was running a 10"DD and she ran the stock 9.5 concentric. Rob

Todd says that they will change the crystal to see if that will change the frequency a bit to see if that will fix the problem somewhat. Each crystal puts out a little different frequency.

Glad White's are on top of it for you. I haven't had any problems except for a few weeks ago when I was hunting with another with a new MXT. I could hear every swing he took about 10 feet away if not more. I've never come across that before. Rob said he could hear mine, but I couldn't hear his. I've never had problems with high wires, but I do know that Larry has before when he used his DFX. Good luck and keep us posted. Nancy

Arizonaames is one step ahead of me. I was going to suggest giving Todd a call and see what he can do for you ladies. You really shouldn't be having that much interference.

I tried this test with 2 CZ's and would like for someone to try this test with 2 MXT's....I only have one MXT, so I can not do the test.

A friend had a dime at 8" in his test spot.
He Ground Ball. his CZ 5 and 8" coil, and started turning the Sens down, until he could just get a faint hit on the dime.
I turned on my CZ 5 with 8" coil, and when I got 75 feet from his CZ 5, he could no longer pick up the dime, there was No cross talk heard on the CZ's,
but when I got close to his unit, you could hear the cross talk, I don't remember how close I was.

When Tesoro made the X-2 Shadow, they made a his and hers unit, the Freq. was just enough different on, I think her unit, so they did not cross talk.

So, if you and your friend can not hear any cross talk at 20 feet, you still could be loosing depth.
Also, if you get the book, The MXT Edge by Jeff Foster, there is a lot of good info in his book.

There are several units that can not hunt under power lines, and some times it helps to turn down the Sens or Gain.
EMI bothers some units more than others.

I only use the 5.3 and the 3x6 coils and I hunt in town and have never had a problem with my MXT.

HH...BJ