Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stuck on ferrous 35

Gary Clark

Just got my e trac Friday and today for awhile seemed like it was stuck on 35 fe,although co bounced around on different targets. Any ideas thanks in advance Gary

Thanks for the reply. All metal mode, auto sensitivity, high volume. Like I said I'm new and what I was doing is moving real slow in an old yard. Watching for higher co#. It's highly likely there is coal cinders in the area I was detecting. Gary

If thats the case, then the eTRAC is likely calling it what it is.
I would try using Quick Mask discriminating iron out from Fe 17 to 35 instead of using an all metal pattern as a quick experiment OR try using the stock coin pattern and see what happens. If that soil has a dense high ferrous content, an open mask (all metal) might not be the best choice to use in that area.

A few years ago i searched around some old obsolete RR tracks and had a similar problem. The sight was loaded with buried coke, slag or coal cinders from past steam locomotives. I had to use a tight coin pattern discriminating out everything but the coin ID area. I would of never found a couple mercs in that area with an open pattern.

An all metal or open pattern is best used in areas with good soil but with a light to moderate sprinkling of iron along with using ferrous tones. I've found some of my best and deepest coins among iron in those areas. Old parks and fairgrounds are notorious for deep corroded nails because of long gone out houses, concession stands, grandstands, etc. But thats where the keepers are too.