Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stump The Experts/Win a Free Keg of Beer

EL Pulltabio

Now that I have your attention, does anybody have a clue
what the heck this is?
The picture is front and back of the same gold trinket
with strange symbols on it. It's worthy of Excalibur in the stone
or the Gordian Knot as a riddle.
I live in a retirement community filled with olden persons....all have failed.

Thank You.

Oh yeah, the winner can claim the keg atop Mt. Everest.:thumbup:

I can't tell you what it says, but they are obviously Egyptian cartouche symbols. Your trinket appears to be an earring.
Amazon sells some almost identical yours, just different symbols.
With a little homework you could probably figure out what it says.

BillF said:
I can't tell you what it says, but they are obviously Egyptian cartouche symbols. Your trinket appears to be an earring.
Amazon sells some almost identical yours, just different symbols.
With a little homework you could probably figure out what it says.
Did the research like you suggested....turns out it's a pendant. I'd say
you scored a bull's-eye.
Thank you, sir!

OBVPU DRYAN is as close as I can figure.

These are tourest pieces, probalbly a name in egyptian or Arabic. You can see similar items worn by applicable ethnic groups. Lokks like Gold!!!! I can also say I have seen very similar items come back with service members who served in the Middle East. Great find!!!!!!

:The inscription sez - "Do the Boogie!" "The Garden State Parkway Boogie" :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLOZ42MfLC8

My mom had one of those, it was supposed to be her name written in hieroglyphs. Hers was gold, hope yours is too!

Tourist stuff. Written in heiroglyphics, an ancient Egyptian script. The cartouche shape was used to enclose the name of the pharoh and not for ordinary citizens. Any monument with a cartouche on it enclosed the name of the king who built it.

The French named the enclosing shape a cartouche as it resembled a cartridge wrapping. The cartouches they used enclosed a ball and powder. A whole French army was stranded in Egypt thanks to the British who sank their fleet off the coast on Egypt in the late 1700s. They had a lot of time to wander and wonder about the place they where stranded.

HH

I found a very similar one at the beach back in January. Mine was on a 25 inch 14k gold chain. Another gentleman that I communicate found one down in his area.

I had a lady explain to what it was but I did not retain her explanation. She had a name for the symbols on the pendant. According to her they relate to the letters of the alphabet.

My pendant has the symbols on one side and letters on the opposite side.

Very nice Find.